What's new

The Legend of Zorro (1 Viewer)

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
The trailer rocks! Something to look forward to this fall.

"My papi is going to kick your..."

DanR

Supporting Actor
My favorite "summer movie" from 1998...finally gets a sequel. Looks great, I hope the new one has the same charm and humor.

Regards,
Dan

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
I too have been psyched for a sequel since '98. Can't believe they waited 7 years!

A lot of people probably forgot about the first film already.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member
I too am pretty pumped for this. It looks like the sequel will have the same great stuntwork and fight coreography so present in the first film.

Anyone know if they are getting James Horner back for this? I know its just a trailer but I didn't care for the visuals of the last half being put over one of bog-standard Media Ventures' efforts. Hopefully its not indicative that one of the Media Ventures guys is scoring Zorro. I like a lot of their work but I don't think any of it has the romantic flair that worked so well in Horner's work for Zorro.

todd stone

Screenwriter
eh I always dislike when they bring a child on board for a sequel. The same way they brought a child on for the Mummy returns. It always drags the pace down.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member

Kinda hard to avoid though considering the ending of the first pic. Its a concern to be sure but can easily be downplayed if the filmmakers chose.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Glad they're making a sequel, but wish they'd show more restraint in showing what happens in the trailer.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
1) The trailer looks good. Really good, actually.

2) I, too, hope Horner comes back.

3) The kid was one of the best things in The Mummy Returns. For what little that is worth.

Take care,
Chuck

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

I agree. The kid is not responsible for TMR being a turd.

I'm looking forward to this.

Jason

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
very much looking forward to this. Mask of Zorro is a hell of a fun movie. It's no all time great, but it knows exactly what it's trying to be, and does a fantastic job as an action/adventure movie. If they can recapture that atmosphere for this one, my opening day ticket and copy of the DVD are already sold.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
If James Horner didn't return, it would be a surprise, considering he worked with director Martin Campbell on his last two films, the first of course being the first Zorro, and 'Beyond Borders' from 2003- not much on screen, but one of my all-time favorite scores.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
That was my main concern with the trailer, too. That and the "EZ" on the guy's ass at the end. The Zorro action looked great though. When I was five my dad took an old purple bandana and cut eye holes into it. I ran around with a bathtowel around my back that purple bandana around my head and a sombero on my head. I don't know why, but Zorro is an insanely potent figure.

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston

Last I heard Horner was doing The LEGEND OF ZORRO. Also...the use of the media ventures music is probably just a throwback to the original Zorro trailer that also used Media Ventures music.

Nick Martin

Senior HTF Member
Oh, I didn't know about 'Vertical Limit'. Still, we have every reason to believe Horner will return to Zorro.

Michael Martin

Screenwriter

Agreed - it's a problem with trailers in general - but if you watch the trailers for the first Zorro flick, they show TONS of the movie as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks