Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Question on sanding

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Frank_D

Frank_D

Agent

• 28 posts

Posted May 03 2005 - 02:17 AM

I just finished sanding and might be ready to paint except for one thing. I was using really bad lighting and after seeing it under a work spot light I noticed I sanded the drywall pretty good while trying to sand the seems. My question is, can I just prime and paint over that or will it show? I am going with gray paint if that matters. They drywall isn't too bad but it's a little 'furry'. What can I say, I'm a rookie at all this. :b

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Michael Whitney

Michael Whitney

Stunt Coordinator

• 50 posts

Posted May 03 2005 - 02:22 AM

Look through this forum. I think someone used a sand based paint that would provide some masking effect to oversanding. Maybe stop by your local Home Depot, Lowes, etc... and ask for their help. Dont feel bad, I did the same thing with the wallpaper scorer/remover, my poor son's room has huge deep score marks in it in orbital patterns. I have to repaint to cover this.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   MarkLaf

MarkLaf

Stunt Coordinator

• 71 posts

Posted June 01 2005 - 10:06 AM

Easy fix use some drywall spackle or joint compound and cover it up and tehn sand it very easy by hand should come out like new!

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   David Noll

David Noll

Stunt Coordinator

• 227 posts

Posted June 02 2005 - 02:58 AM

It will be noticeable if you just prime and paint over it. Spackle again and sand a little lighter over the drywall paper. Don't use sand based paint unless you want your whole wall "furry" and feel like sandpaper. David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users