What's new

Um...guys? What about "Millennium - Season 3"? (1 Viewer)

AlexSchwarz

Stunt Coordinator
Well...it's been awfully quiet, don't you think? I mean...if FOX had any plans for a release, we would have heard something by now.

I'm starting to get a LITTLE worried....

AlexSchwarz

Stunt Coordinator
Just one minute ago I found the following news item on The Millennial Abyss:

"Third Season Release Date Uncertain

It has become clear that the release date for Millennium: The Complete Third Season that was previously announced by the Fox TV on DVD website — June 14, 2005 — was posted prematurely and is incorrect. That date has since been removed from the site. No official press release regarding Millennium: The Complete Third Season has been provided by Fox Home Entertainment as yet. The TV Shows on DVD website has updated its notice as well, noting, "Fox jumped the gun and posted incorrect information on their site regarding this release." The Region 1 box set's release is not in question, however. It's likely that the third and final collection will be coming to North America sometime later this summer. Further details regarding the release will be posted on the Abyss as soon as they are made available."

This answers my question, I suppose. :rolleyes

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
Someone on the "This Is Who We Are" forums cites an inside source with a September 6 release date but I would take that with a grain of salt. I think we'll see this by the end of the summer as well.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
If I remember correctly, aren't the UK versions of the DVD the same as the US ones and aren't they already available in the UK already too?

If they are, my question would be what S3 episodes have commentaries and who is on them?

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
Well, for what it's worth, one of the "This Is Who We Are" moderators claims that they got confirmation on the September 6 release date through a source at Fox UK who was able to confirm the date through their connections with Fox's American branch.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
Actually, I got a source in the USA saying September 6th (the source was right about Roswell Season 3 before it was announced by FOX). It's not official until FOX announces it. So release dates can change until FOX makes an announcement.

Also I am one of the moderators at "This Is Who We Are".

Daniel-M

Second Unit
Millennium Season 3 Region 2 version. Sjould be the same version when it arruves in Region 1

Fox Home Entertainment has announced the third season of Chris Carter created show Millennium which stars the likes of Lance Henriksen, Brittany Tiplady and Klea Scott. The third season set will be available to own from the 25th October this year, and should be priced at around £39.99. Extras will include an audio commentary on "The Innocents" by Lance Henriksen and Klea Scott, a second audio commentary on "Collateral Damage" by director Tom Wright, two behind the scenes featurettes and a "Millennium" episode of The X-Files Season 7. We've attached a small shot of the official artwork below:

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
Fox hasn't released any sort of official announcement but amazon.com is taking preorders with the September 6th release date and thedigitalbits is reporting a September release as well, although they list it as September 3rd which is undoubtedly a typo because that's a Saturday. In any case, it'll be a relief to be able to own the final season of Ten Thirteen-produced television that is as-yet-unavailable on DVD. My Frank Blacktion Figure is doing the happy dance.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
I saw that, too, and it makes no mention of coming from an official Fox source. I believe it's legit but I don't think Fox has put out an actual press release. I expect one in the next couple of days. EDIT: thedigitalbits says their source is an official Fox announcement.

This is likely part of the reason why the show is being released on September 6. Both "Lost" and "Millennium" feature Terry O'Quinn.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
The response to the cover art on the "This Is Who We Are" message board is pretty negative. Not only do they say that the image comes from an unremarkable episode, they say that the image itself is not even that important within the episode, making it an abitrary choice. I'm not familiar at all with the third season (I've gotten into all the Ten Thirteen productions on DVD) but based on the fact that the primary image on the Season 2 packaging came from "A Single Blade of Grass", which was widely regarded as the worst episode of the season, shows that Fox doesn't really understand the show. It doesn't really matter to me. I'm not the type of person that gets upset over cover art. I'm just happy that the overall design is consistant with that of Seasons 1 and 2. After the dual-sided 3-disc release of "The Lone Gunmen" I feared that Fox would try something similar with "Millennium" and we'd have a super-skinny box with just 2 or 3 slimline cases.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
To hell with the episode:), I just think it's a cool image. In my opinion, that's what all covers should have. While the Season Two set did have the arguably worst episode on the cover, it was still a somewhat interesting image but the Season Three set is leaps and bounds beyond the S2 cover to me. Of course it could come in a blank CD case in a paper bag and I'd still gladly buy it.

To make the set 'thinner' they may use the double disc cases (like they did with The Lone Gunmen and the new XF mythology set). It won't keep me up at night but I'd like if the boxes were all the same size. :)

Michael Sliger

Second Unit
Personally, I happen to like the episode the image is taken from (all the Jordan-centric ones were entertaining to me), but I'll admit that it is neither a key moment from the season nor is it an image which will give a newcomer a good feel about the series in general. It is a better choice than the Season 2 front cover image by a good margin. Also, the color scheme is more eye grabbing. Fox experimented with some new ideas on the cover art of all of these season sets and hopefully learned a few things not to do in the future. At least there are no major spoilers revealed here.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
If you compare the side of the case to the previous two it definitely looks like it's the same width, with the same spacing between the lettering, the oroborus and the Fox logo and ethe edges of the spine. I don't think they're gonna change it. On one hand they made a change between "King of the Hill" seasons but all "Simpsons" seasons have kept the same packaging style even though Fox tends to use the slim cases on all of their TV shows on DVD. Anyways, I wonder if they're ever going to release the 18-disc box set like they did in other regions. I wouldn't be interested, I already bought the first two, I'm just curious.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks