Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Connection to Infocus

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   DerekCV

DerekCV

Stunt Coordinator

• 151 posts

Posted May 02 2005 - 03:20 AM

I'm looking at getting an Infocus 4805 projector. I was planning on running component cables from my reciever to the porjector, about 12feet away. Is this going to be my best connection, or is there a better way to go? Thanks.

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Kevin Deacon

Kevin Deacon

Second Unit

• 324 posts

Posted May 04 2005 - 09:28 AM

I have the same PJ. I am running component cables directly from the cable box to the PJ. HD is amazing, although not true HD(only 480). My DVD player doesn't have component so I use the s-video connector. If possible, it's always best to go directly from the player to the PJ without the receiver in between. Do you have more than one source with component connections?

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   DerekCV

DerekCV

Stunt Coordinator

• 151 posts

Posted May 04 2005 - 11:56 PM

I don't know the answer to that Posted Image I just planning it all out still and trying to get a handle on it. I do have the 1015 receiver and a DVD player but that is all. But the DVD player does have a component connection as well as S-video. My initial thought was to run every thing through the receiver so I can pick TV or DVD or computer... ect.

Let me know if I'm not thinking about this the right way. I would like to do it right the first time.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Kevin Deacon

Kevin Deacon

Second Unit

• 324 posts

Posted May 05 2005 - 02:56 AM

From a purist standpoint, it's best to run all video connections(component is the best in your situation) from the source directly to the PJ (ie. DVD player ---> PJ) This eliminates any loss of signal or noise added by not having multiple connection points.

To be able to use the receivers switching capability you can run everything to the receiver and then run one set of cables to the PJ. I would do which ever is easier for you. You definately want to use component before s-video whenever possible.

In my situation I have chosen to go directly to the PJ. This requires that I use both the receiver remote to switch sources (for sound) as well as the Infocus remote to switch sources(video).

I hope I made this clearPosted Image

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   DerekCV

DerekCV

Stunt Coordinator

• 151 posts

Posted May 06 2005 - 02:43 AM

Yeah I understand, thanks, just not what I was thinking in my head. But if someone had more components then connection to the PJ, or not the right connections like only s-video availalb eor somthing like that, then they may need to go through the reciver for switching...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users