Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Knight Rider S2 problems

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 OFFLINE   Carlo S

Carlo S

Stunt Coordinator

• 111 posts

Posted May 01 2005 - 12:19 PM

ANyone here has nuthing but problems with this boxset? I have pretty much had it with TV series that are from Universal (well the R1 versions anyway) I got my replacement and I still had problems elsewhere....what a nuisance and a joke. Its made me think twice of getting Airwolf S1 R1 and other TV releases from Universal

#2 of 11 OFFLINE   Alex-A

Alex-A

Stunt Coordinator

• 211 posts

Posted May 01 2005 - 02:57 PM

What specific problems are you having with the discs?
NCC-2000

#3 of 11 OFFLINE   RogerH

RogerH

Supporting Actor

• 877 posts

Posted May 02 2005 - 12:43 AM

I've had no probelms at all.

#4 of 11 OFFLINE   Dorrie_W

Dorrie_W

Stunt Coordinator

• 110 posts

Posted May 02 2005 - 07:52 AM

Yeah I haven't had a problem. My knight Rider S. 2 works pretty good. DW
Dorrie webmaster for
www.imissthe80s.com
Celebrity interviews
www.thabiz.com

#5 of 11 OFFLINE   RogerH

RogerH

Supporting Actor

• 877 posts

Posted May 02 2005 - 08:04 AM

My only problem is waiting for the last 2 seasons Posted Image

#6 of 11 OFFLINE   Carlo S

Carlo S

Stunt Coordinator

• 111 posts

Posted May 02 2005 - 08:17 AM

On both sets I have had, I have had discs that not work properly. Occasional freezes, pixelation, and worse of all scracth marks, some quite bad

#7 of 11 OFFLINE   Dave Farley

Dave Farley

Second Unit

• 412 posts

Posted May 02 2005 - 09:37 AM

After all the skipping/freezing problems that I've had with scratched discs, I do things differently now. When I open the DVD/box set, I check it for scratches/scuffs. If they look bad, it goes back to the store without even going in my DVD player. I would just exchange it.

#8 of 11 OFFLINE   Will_C

Will_C

Second Unit

• 271 posts

Posted May 02 2005 - 12:48 PM

I had serious problems with this set. The first ep with Garth Knight froze at the beginning and then skipped ahead over twenty minutes. Had another problem with an ep on the other side, froze then skipped about 15 minutes. I also tried the eps on disc 2, and had the same problem with the last ep on side B. Didn't even try the third disc. Took it back and had the set replaced. Haven't checked the new set out since I've been watching A-Team S2. Can you believe this? Once again the same problems with an episode on side B of disc 2, and a minor pixellation problem with the intro of an ep on side A of the same disc. I'll replace disc two when I go in next time. I'm dreading the review of the Magnum PI S2 set. The only other Universal set that I had trouble with was the Buck Rogers set. Had to have that replaced. Universal has really had some problems with their season set releases lately. And none of the discs had any scratches or blemishes that were visible to the eye. Wonder what the problem has been over there. Hope it gets cleared up soon or someone else gets the bad luck.
Rick Hunter
USMC Force Recon Scout Sniper
"If you run, you'll only die tired."

#9 of 11 OFFLINE   Carlo S

Carlo S

Stunt Coordinator

• 111 posts

Posted May 02 2005 - 10:24 PM

THis is getting to be a joke. I am definitely not going to be buying anymore Universal R1 releases of TV shows for a while. Me thinks I will just wait for the R2/R4 version. Its just a joke

#10 of 11 OFFLINE   Rob T

Rob T

Screenwriter

• 1,991 posts

Posted May 03 2005 - 05:09 PM

no problems as yet. I'm half way through the set. Posted Image

#11 of 11 OFFLINE   Mike Halverson

Mike Halverson

Extra

• 18 posts

Posted May 03 2005 - 07:00 PM

I've only watched the first disc of KR s2 so far.There was a problem with freezing and skipping in the "Custom K.I.T.T." episode on side B.I already plan on replacing this set.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users