What's new

Veronica Mars Gets A Clue On DVD!!! (1 Viewer)

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
Veronica Mars is coming to DVD!!! On Rob Thomas's website he says it's defintly coming probably in September but there might not be any extras cause Warner Bros needs to start working on it now. Man that's tough, I love Extras but if I had to wait that would be ok because the show is the reason i'd buy the DVD.

Here's where I found the news. I can't copy it so go to www.slaverats.com and click Veronica Mars and then click FAQ.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I'd honestly just like the episodes to be released. I'm so excited about this series after hearing so many good things.

Chris Bergmann

Second Unit
Without extras I'm not really interested.

I like the show, but not enough to buy just the episodes on DVD.

If they release it at a later date with commentaries, deleted scenes, documentaries, bloopers and the original music I would definately buy it.

But I'm sure they'll replace the original music anyway - so I probably won't buy the set no matter what they put on it. :frowning:

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
why would they replace the music? A lot of shows that have been recently produced have kept the original music because of knowledge of the possible DVD release (they plan ahead). Plus, it's being produced by WB, which means it's also likely they used music WB has rights to (like a lot of the shows on The WB).

I'm sure season 2 will load up on extra features.

StacyV

Second Unit

Unfortunately it still happens though. The upcoming Joan of Arcadia season one set notes that some of the music has been replaced.

As far as Veronica Mars, extras or not, I'd probably pick it up.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
Extras or no extras I will be buying Veronica Mars on DVD. I discovered the show back in December and missed the first half of the season so I need to catch up. My only hope is that they release the show in anamorphic widescreen since the show is broadcast in HD.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Great news. Hmm...extras would be cool but not necessarily a dealbreaker if absent. The annoying thing would be if they issued an "extras" version later, which seems like more of a waste and risk with a TV show. I would think Rob Thomas would know better, but it could be out of his hands.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Yeah, I was counting on some extras too but I applaud the smart marketing. Perhaps they could release an "Extras only" set for the first season with commentary on the pilot (Because every pilot has commentary) and all the other crap they would've put on. The thing to push me over the edge to purchase the set was going to be the extras. Now, it'll probably be Alyson Hannigan and the praise from Buffyverse fans.

Karissa

Auditioning
I would love to have a DVD set of Veronica Mars before Season 2 starts airing this fall. If the goal of the early/rush release is to get attention and more viewers for the show, I think they should just release a "best of" set. It would be a two-disk set that has the key episodes from Season 1. Could have as many as 8 episodes. I can think of six that would give a great overview of the season. Maybe use fewer episodes and include a special Season 2 teaser feature. I have to admit I'm an extras person. Most of the time it's the extras that give me a little more desire to own the set.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
What they should do is release the episodes only set in Sept and an extras one later on (maybe with a rebate offer for those who bought the first one)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Why not release the episodes only set and then a one or two disc extras only (kind of like the Matrix Revisited), rather than re-release all the episodes again? That way there's no feeling of double dipping or that you're missing out on something. Okay, I think we've covered all the permutations :)

Ryan_Guah

Stunt Coordinator
I say just release the episodes on DVD in Anamorphic Widescreen, with no extras, and be done with it. Then when it comes time for Season Two, they can stock up on extras.

I mean come on, how many people REALLY re-watch the extras as much as they do the episodes? I watch my Buffy extras one time, and that's it. I could do without them.

EricCr

Stunt Coordinator

Is this for sure? The box art that dvdempire has up makes no mention of it on the front or the back and with the set coming out very soon I would think this was the final art. Hope all the music is in it. WB has a much better track record on keeping the original music so Veronica should stand a good chance of making it in one piece.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
The same thing happened with Wonderfalls which was shown in the spring 04 year. However, like EricCr says, WB is usually good with keeping the original music.

StacyV

Second Unit

It's noted in small print on the bottom spine of the box "music has been changed for this home entertainment version". I very rarely watched JOA broadcasts, so I don't know what exactly has been changed.

As far Veronica Mars, I agree with everyone's assumption that Warner will keep all of the original music intact.

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
I could careless about the extras. I'm not big on rewatching TV shows over and over again so I don't usually buy TV shows on DVD (with the exception of Friends and BtVS) but I would definitely buy this show because I just loved it. I actually want to rewatch the whole season again...it was that good.

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
Just read this and thought I would pass it on:

Question: Do you have any info on the Veronica Mars first-season DVD? — Rameena

Ausiello: Only that it's being delayed due to lots of red tape. It was originally slated to come out in September before the Season 2 premiere, but now it's looking like October at the earliest.

Bummer, huh?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks