-

Photo
- - - - -

Georgia Woman Found..

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
126 replies to this topic

#1 of 127 OFFLINE   Chris

Chris

Lead Actor

• 6,790 posts

Posted April 30 2005 - 01:33 AM

http://apnews.myway..../D89PNBKO0.html

Apparently got cold feet, she claims.

This would be a heck of an act of forgiveness on the part of her fiancé; he was ditched at the alter, and then made the prime suspect of the case, subjected to two polygraphs, had property seized, and had a family member accuse him of killing their daughter while demanding another polygraph.

If I were him, I'd hope everyone comes to me and apologizes immediately, but it would also make it more difficult to go through with the marriage, knowing your inlaws immediately suspected you of such things.
My Current DVD-Profiler

"I've been Ostrafied!" - Christopher, Sopranos 5/6/07

#2 of 127 OFFLINE   Michael Mathius

Michael Mathius

Supporting Actor

• 662 posts

Posted April 30 2005 - 01:41 AM

He was also called the next Scott Peterson.
Don't make me angry. You won't like me when I'm angry.

THE LOFT

#3 of 127 OFFLINE   Micheal

Micheal

Screenwriter

• 1,526 posts

Posted April 30 2005 - 02:54 AM

Poor bastard!

Very sad indeed.
BLAM!
Good... bad... I'm the guy with the gun.

#4 of 127 OFFLINE   Henry Gale

Henry Gale

Producer

• 4,633 posts

Posted April 30 2005 - 03:07 AM

Posted Image

Let's get married! We'll have a BIG wedding! 600 guests! I know I can do it if I can just get enough of these pills I'm taking!

"I was born to ramble, born to rove
Some men are searchin for the Holy Grail
But there ain't nothin sweeter 
Than riden' the rails."
-Tom Waits-

#5 of 127 OFFLINE   Jason Hughes

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor

• 882 posts

Posted April 30 2005 - 03:14 AM

This guy got off very, very easily. If she decided to get "cold feet" after the marriage he would have likely been in financial ruin.

Now he can sell his story and have it turned into some cheesy made for TV (Lifetime, etc) movie! Posted Image
Government in action = Government inaction

#6 of 127 OFFLINE   Drew Bethel

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter

• 1,210 posts

Posted April 30 2005 - 03:19 AM

I think they owe the taxpayers that $100,000 for all the time the GA police spent looking for this woman! I hope there is an avenue to press charges and hold her accountable.
"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life." Muhammed Ali, (Cassius Clay)

#7 of 127 OFFLINE   DonnyD

DonnyD

Screenwriter

• 1,154 posts

Posted April 30 2005 - 03:33 AM

Yep, that guy is lucky....... from the pics I've seen of her, she appears to be on crack or something.... wild look in her eyes. Definitely a phoney.......
Some of the accusations do show what her folks probably actually thought of him, too.......... He should get a lawyer and sue.........
Again, he is such a lucky guy.......
"There comes a time in the lives of men, when taken at the tide, you're liable to ****ing drown..." R. Farina
"or go broke due to upgraditis..." D. Davis

#8 of 127 OFFLINE   MarkHastings

MarkHastings

Executive Producer

• 12,013 posts

Posted April 30 2005 - 04:11 AM

I feel SO bad for the family! Look at the slide show on Yahoo's site:
http://news.yahoo.co..../missing_bride

Mainly these photos:
http://us.news3.yimg....arf109.jpg?v=1
http://us.news3.yimg....arf108.jpg?v=1
Look at the mom! Can you imagine putting your family through that kind of grief?? Talk about a PSYCHO!

#9 of 127 OFFLINE   Drew Bethel

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter

• 1,210 posts

Posted April 30 2005 - 05:47 AM

Quote:
Police in New Mexico said she will face no criminal charges, despite her false kidnapping story. When asked what would happen in Georgia, Duluth Police Chief Randy Belcher told reporters: "No criminal charges."

Unbelievable! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life." Muhammed Ali, (Cassius Clay)

#10 of 127 OFFLINE   MarkHastings

MarkHastings

Executive Producer

• 12,013 posts

Posted April 30 2005 - 05:56 AM

Hopefully there will be no criminal charges when her fiance beats the crap out of her for causing such a fiasco. Posted Image

#11 of 127 OFFLINE   Jay Taylor

Jay Taylor

Supporting Actor

• 829 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City

Posted April 30 2005 - 06:35 AM

He is fortunate that this personality flaw was revealed before he made the mistake of getting married.

I hope he sees the red wakeup flags waving.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

#12 of 127 OFFLINE   Chris

Chris

Lead Actor

• 6,790 posts

Posted April 30 2005 - 06:44 AM

Quote:
He is fortunate that this personality flaw was revealed before he made the mistake of getting married.

Yep. I think the conversation would go something like (to be tactful)

"Hon, I still love you, but I think you've got deep problems. And the fact that your family compared me to a killer and demanded multiple polygraphs is something I don't think time can heal."
My Current DVD-Profiler

#13 of 127 OFFLINE   Micheal

Micheal

Screenwriter

• 1,526 posts

Posted April 30 2005 - 07:01 AM

Quote:
And the fact that your family compared me to a killer and demanded multiple polygraphs is something I don't think time can heal."
Where did you read that the family said/did that?
BLAM!
Good... bad... I'm the guy with the gun.

#14 of 127 OFFLINE   Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott

Lead Actor

• 6,546 posts

Posted April 30 2005 - 08:26 AM

Quote:
Where did you read that the family said/did that?

i wasn't exactly following this very close, but i don't recall any reports of the womans family casting suspicion on the fiance.
when a spouse (or intended spouse) is missing or murdered, suspicion always falls on the other person in the realtionship because it has historically proven to be the most common source.

the news media was looking at a big winner here- not only did it seem to imply parallels to the Scott Peterson case, but it came at a great time so as to feed into their continuous month long ravenous orgy of abduction/murder stories.

i'm just glad the dingbat's ok.

#15 of 127 OFFLINE   Jason Hughes

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor

• 882 posts

Posted April 30 2005 - 10:39 AM

One of her family members did accuse him of being connected with his disappearance. I forget which one, could have been a brother or cousin, etc.

Granted the statement was made out of emotion, but still, I'd never associate with that whole clan for anything ever again...

#16 of 127 OFFLINE   Chris

Chris

Lead Actor

• 6,790 posts

Posted April 30 2005 - 11:09 AM

Quote:
One of her family members did accuse him of being connected with his disappearance. I forget which one, could have been a brother or cousin, etc.

Yep, I checked my PVR.. her family asked him to take a second polygraph which they would administer and be present for (CBS News).
My Current DVD-Profiler

#17 of 127 OFFLINE   WillG

WillG

Producer

• 5,219 posts

Posted April 30 2005 - 11:11 AM

It's sad what happened, but I think this guy is going to become a rock star now. I'm sure letters are pouring in from women offering to Marry him and all that stuff. If Friggin Scott Peterson could get groupies, imagine what this guy would get.

There has got to be charges that this woman should be brought up on.
STOP HIM! He's supposed to die!

#18 of 127 OFFLINE   Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,604 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted April 30 2005 - 12:33 PM

I wish the media would stop playing favorites with missing persons. I wonder how many other people genuinely went missing/were kidnapped in the time they were publicizing this single (fradulent) case 24/7.

It's like the applause-o-meter at the Oscars during the tribute to those who've died. This person gets more applause because they're better...oh, don't clap much for this person, they're not worth the effort.

The media is making the same decisions of personal worth everytime they choose to make one case "newsworthy" over the many others they ignore.
The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#19 of 127 OFFLINE   Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer

Producer

• 5,593 posts

Posted April 30 2005 - 02:03 PM

Quote:
One of her family members did accuse him of being connected with his disappearance.

Well in a way he was - she didn't want to marry him. I do think the media were hoping for another Peterson story, I'm just glad they didn't get one.

#20 of 127 OFFLINE   Jason Hughes

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor

• 882 posts

Posted April 30 2005 - 02:21 PM

Quote:
I do think the media were hoping for another Peterson story, I'm just glad they didn't get one.

Don't worry...they'll find one sooner or later. Posted Image

Back to After Hours Lounge

Forum Nav Content I Follow