What's new

Star Wars Ep. III CD Soundtrack + bonus DVD! (1 Viewer)

Sebastien S

Second Unit
(Not sure if I'm posting this in the right section?)

I just received my copy of the Official soundtrack for "Revenge of the Sith", it comes with a bonus DVD disc.

The disc contains a chapter by chapter story "run down" with music and images from all 6 trailers and movies themselves!

In between chapters, the story is narated by "Ian McDiamid" himself. Though you have the choice to watch without the narated chapter breaks.

Sound is available in "Dolby Digital 5.1" and "PCM Stereo". Their are also previews of upcoming "Star Wars" video games.

I've only had a brief look at this disc but I find it awesome!

I plan to watch it entirely later today, I'll post more then if someone hasn't already done so...

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Perhaps I read this wrong, but...

I have the very rare THX demo DVD
that has the infamous LucasFilm
montage on it.

I thought I read a review of this disc
on another site that stated this montage
was included on this DVD.

Can someone clarify?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I took it to mean that this new DVD does all the things he wanted done in the demo, so he doesn't need the old one any more. In other words, it doesn't replicate the old material, but serves as a new, better demo.

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
Just read the dvdfile review. The reviewer makes it sound like the THX Demo disc could be replaced by this new disc. Though not exactly the same he does say it is demo material. I might have to check it out myself.

CraigL

Screenwriter
No confusion on my part. He just said that they're edited in similar ways and can both be used as demo material. But the WOW demo is not included on the soundtrack DVD. There'd be no reason for that considering there's no prequel footage on it.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
If you get it at Wal-Mart, you get a bonus downloadable track. If the price is competitive, I'll get it there. Otherwise, that BB price sounds good.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
The WOW! montage is not on the new soundtrack DVD. Instead, it's like 16 different mini versions of WOW! which is something I'm really excited about. :emoji_thumbsup:

Patrick H.

Second Unit

Supposedly Target's advertising the same thing now, with the $11.99 price point. iTunes is also boasting an "exclusive bonus track" as well. I have a feeling it's all probably the same track, whatever it may be. Here's hoping it's something like 'Yoda Kills a Whole Lotta Stuff.'

Sebastien S

Second Unit
The entire disc lasts somewhere between 1 hr. to 1 hr. 15 min. If I remember corectly...

"Ian McDiarmid" narates on location from "Abbey Road" studio in London.

The PQ is excellent on my Toshiba 34HFX84 Widescreen HDTV.

I think it's awesome! Especially for the price... I would have bought it for the soundtrack alone, I had no idea that I would be getting this as well.

:emoji_thumbsup:

Patrick H.

Second Unit
Here's a question for you Sebastien...is the stereo in the rear channels of the 'New Hope' cues correct this time? :D

PatH

Second Unit
In another tread on this, I saw a vague reference to a possible collectible edition of this a la LOTR. Has anyone heard anything definite?

PatH

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
I have been adamantly avoiding all trailers and reading anything about Episode 3 online because I want to go into the theater knowing NOTHING about it. With that in mind, how revealing is this disc of the new movie? I definitely want this, but not if it reveals part of the story or scenes from the upcoming movie. Does anyone know how much is in there?

CraigL

Screenwriter
It has the music video for the new film which has almost all the scenes from the release trailer and then some.

If you're trying to stay COMPLETELY away from everything, i'd buy it after the movie comes out.

John H Ross

Screenwriter

Oh an excellent, excellent, EXCELLENT question!!

I'm picking this up tomorrow and will be listening VERY carefully...

John

Mike Miskulin

Second Unit
Reported on theforce.net April 16, there's supposedly going to be an Amaray-style keepcase version of the soundtrack released. Anyone know who's going to carry this version?

mike.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks