-

Photo
- - - - -

Copying camera memory to CD (portable devices)?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   gregstaten

gregstaten

Supporting Actor

• 601 posts

Posted April 28 2005 - 10:25 AM

My fiancée and I are going overseas for our honeymoon and really don't want to bring a laptop with us to back up (and copy off) our flash memory for our digital cameras. (Beyond just the weight/size of a laptop, we don't want to have to worry about theft of it while overseas.)

Have any of you used any of the portable devices that either copy flash memory to a CD-R/DVD-R or a hard drive? (I've heard that products are available to work with the hard disk-based mp3 players as well.) Any recommendations for what works and is worth taking with you on a trip? Any models to avoid?

Thanks!

-greg

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Thomas Newton

Thomas Newton

Screenwriter

• 1,438 posts

Posted April 29 2005 - 03:25 AM

How many GBs of pictures will you be taking? Enough to make it worth getting a standalone CD-Data burner, or an iPod Photo, as opposed to more flash memory cards?

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   gregstaten

gregstaten

Supporting Actor

• 601 posts

Posted April 29 2005 - 05:55 AM

More flash memory is certainly an option and it may well be what we decide to do. I'm just trying to cover all my bases. (Flash memory is getting unbelievably inexpensive. I'm not sure, though, what the maximum capacity of my fiancée's older Canon DigitalElph is though. Mine should handle 1 gig cards or greater, but not sure about her's.)

-greg