Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

favourite bands

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
37 replies to this topic

#1 of 38 OFFLINE   Dave.L

Dave.L

Extra

• 15 posts

Posted April 27 2005 - 08:19 AM

this has probably been done before but im fairly new and was wonder what bands you all like my favourites are Linkin Park Metallica Judas Priest Disturbed Unloco Sevendust Rammstein Korn and a few others

#2 of 38 OFFLINE   BrionL

BrionL

Stunt Coordinator

• 223 posts

Posted April 27 2005 - 10:45 AM

I like... Kreator Van Halen(Roth Era) Beatles Overkill Entombed Morbid Angel Joe Satriani Red Hot Chili Peppers Megadeth Exodus Slayer Led Zeppelin Jimi Hendrix Doors And a bunch of others I can't remember right now. Brion

#3 of 38 OFFLINE   TommyJD

TommyJD

Stunt Coordinator

• 89 posts

Posted April 27 2005 - 11:12 AM

Neil Young & Crazy Horse Bruce Springsteen & E St Band Queen (especially the early years) Pink Floyd w/Roger Waters Genesis Led Zeppelin Jethro Tull (the 70's versions) The Clash The Who (before John died of course) The Ramones Pearl Jam Elvis Costello & The Attractions The Beatles The Rolling Stones

#4 of 38 OFFLINE   Carl Miller

Carl Miller

Screenwriter

• 1,461 posts

Posted April 27 2005 - 01:27 PM

Tool Black Sabbath Kinks Stones Pearl Jam DMB Grateful Dead Steely Dan Beatles Soundgarden Hum The Clash
Carl

#5 of 38 OFFLINE   NickSo

NickSo

Producer

• 4,274 posts

Posted April 27 2005 - 01:54 PM

All time favourites: Pink Floyd The Beatles Radiohead Current favourites: Hot Hot Heat The Postal Service Iron & Wine The Flaming Lips

#6 of 38 OFFLINE   Rob P S

Rob P S

Screenwriter

• 1,995 posts

Posted April 27 2005 - 02:17 PM

The Ataris Blink 182 The Clash Coldplay Counting Crows Cracker Crowded House Eve 6 Ben Folds 5 Good Charlotte Grant Lee Buffalo Green Day Hootie & the Blowfish Morphine New Found Glory The Offspring Old 97's Pearl Jam R.E.M. The Ramones The Replacements Simple Plan Social Distortion Sum 41 Whiskeytown Yellowcard

#7 of 38 OFFLINE   Tony-B

Tony-B

Producer

• 3,768 posts

Posted April 27 2005 - 03:39 PM

Mr. Bungle Faith No More The Dillinger Escape Plan Red Hot Chili Peppers They Might Be Giants The Beatles Weezer Metallica Slayer Chimaira Fantomas Motorhead Meshuggah AC/DC Sex Pistols Ramones Lamb of God Killswitch Engage Shadows Fall Bad Religion The Clash Green Day Pink Floyd Nirvana Foo Fighters Beastie Boys The Ernies Less Than Jake The Offspring Reel Big Fish Dispatch O.A.R.
DVD Collection/Video Game Collection/Music Collection
"The Weighted Companion Cube will never threaten to stab you." -GLaDOS

#8 of 38 OFFLINE   Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky

Producer

• 3,740 posts

Posted April 28 2005 - 09:45 AM

Dream Theater, Dream Theater, and Dream Theater. Posted Image

Also Queensryche (under the desert island category). Beyond that too many to mention. Some great, eclectic lists above.

For anyone into prog instrumental music check out Gordian Knot.
"The computer had attained consciousness, only to reject it, claiming it was too unstable an operating system."

#9 of 38 OFFLINE   Matt Stieg

Matt Stieg

Stunt Coordinator

• 228 posts

Posted April 28 2005 - 12:20 PM

The Rolling Stones and The Who are my all-time faves. After that a little Zeppelin and U2, that's about it.

#10 of 38 OFFLINE   JordanS

JordanS

Second Unit

• 250 posts

Posted April 28 2005 - 02:59 PM

pink floyd led zeppelin radiohead dire straits/mark knopfler the mars volta sigur ros john coltrane miles davis
Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you.

-Darth....

#11 of 38 OFFLINE   nickGreenwood

nickGreenwood

Second Unit

• 494 posts

Posted April 28 2005 - 03:54 PM

Beatles Beach Boys DMB Coheed and Cambria The Clash The Ramones Green Day U2 Switchfoot Jars of Clay Third Day Paul Colman (Trio as well) Smashing Pumpkins Led Zeppelin Cream Derek and the Dominos Los Lonely Boys John Mayer Bruce Springsteen John Williams (London Symphony Orchestra or Boston Pops) Jet Gorillaz The Doors The Rolling Stones (circa 1968-1972, other than that, I can live without them) dire straits Stevie Ray Vaughan Eric Clapton (goes without saying) Joe Satriani Dream Theater The Replacements Paul Westerberg I could go on, but I can't think of anything. It's hard to narrow the list down, but I can do it. In no particular order my top 5 bands/artists at the moment... Coldplay Green Day John Mayer Jet The Ramones
-Nick G.

"The number of people whose permission I need before I can do whatever the hell I want..." - Josh Lyman

#12 of 38 OFFLINE   Steve Felix

Steve Felix

Supporting Actor

• 618 posts

Posted April 28 2005 - 07:42 PM

Sticking to bands: 1. My Bloody Valentine 2. Nine Inch Nails 3. The White Stripes 4. The Beach Boys Beyond that are countless that I like very much. It seems that most of my favorite artists are individuals.
"We're trying to make a movie here, not a film!"
Flickr photos

#13 of 38 OFFLINE   Mark Murphy

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor

• 628 posts

Posted April 29 2005 - 04:17 AM

Tool A Perfect Circle Alice in Chains Led Zeppelin Soundgarden Foo Fighters

#14 of 38 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,766 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted April 29 2005 - 04:17 AM

The Official Aaron Top 10 Bands (current version):
  • Rush
  • Yes
  • Dream Theater
  • Queen
  • Iron Maiden
  • Judas Priest
  • The Who
  • Meat Loaf
  • Weird Al Yankovic
  • Position 10 is shared by everyone else who comes close (in no particular order: Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath/ Ozzy, Without Face, Fates Warning, Frank Zappa, Yngwie Malmsteen, Pre-Black Album Metallica, Styx, Banco, T-Ride, Pink Floyd, Tool, Kansas, et. al. . .)
I've never put Meat Loaf on a top ten favorites list before, but it suddenly hit me that I am ALWAYS in the mood for Meat! Posted Image
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#15 of 38 OFFLINE   Rachael B

Rachael B

Producer

• 4,637 posts

Posted April 29 2005 - 04:38 AM

My favourite bands are rubber bands.Posted Image
Rachael, the big disc cat is in real life Dot Mongur, Champion of the International Pacman Federation. You better be ready to rumble if you play Jr. Pacman with me. This is full contact Pacman and I don't just play the game, I operate it!

#16 of 38 OFFLINE   Chris Stainton

Chris Stainton

Second Unit

• 285 posts

Posted April 29 2005 - 05:32 AM

AC/DC Adam Ant Aerosmith Tori Amos Anthrax Arena Badfinger The Beach Boys The Beastie Boys The Beatles Bee Gees Black Sabbath Blur David Bowie Kate Bush Camel The Cars Cheap Trick Chicago The Clash Coldplay Phil Collins The Commodores Alice Cooper Cream Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young Crowded House The Cure Deep Purple Def Leppard Depeche Mode Devo The Doors Duran Duran Eagles Earth, Wind & Fire Faith No More The Fixx The Flaming Lips Fleetwood Mac Foo Fighters Peter Gabriel Marvin Gaye Gene Loves Jezebel Genesis Kevin Gilbert Greenslade Hall & Oates Heart Jimi Hendrix INXS IQ Iron Maiden Jane's Addiction Elton John Journey Judas Priest Kansas King Crimson King's X KISS Kitaro Lenny Kravitz Kula Shaker Led Zeppelin Julian Lennon Madonna Marillion Marilyn Manson Metallica Missing Persons The Monkees The Moody Blues Motley Crue The Move New Order Harry Nilsson Nine Inch Nails Nirvana Oasis Ohio Players Oingo Boingo Ozzy Osbourne Pearl Jam Pendragon A Perfect Circle Tom Petty Pink Floyd Placebo Robert Plant P.M. Dawn The Police Porcupine Tree Elvis Presley Prince Pulp Queen Queensryche Rainbow Ramones Red Hot Chilli Peppers R.E.M. The Rolling Stones Run D.M.C. Rush The Rutles Seal Siouxsie & The Banshees Small Faces The Smashing Pumpkins The Smiths Spock's Beard Stone Temple Pilots Strawbs Styx Suede Supergrass Matthew Sweet The Time Tool Transatlantic Travis U2 Ultravox Van Halen The White Stripes The Who XTC Yes Neil Young

#17 of 38 OFFLINE   StephenA

StephenA

Screenwriter

• 1,514 posts

Posted April 29 2005 - 05:49 AM

Moody Blues Nat King Cole Jimi Hendrix Jim Croce The Beatles Elton John Paul Simon/Simon And Garfunkel The Who Coldplay AC/DC Matchbox Twenty Jethro Tull Black Sabbath Bob Marley Led Zeppelin Linkin Park Randy Travis Iron Maiden Metallica The Misfits The Doors Creedance Clearwater Revival

#18 of 38 OFFLINE   Jason Kirkpatri

Jason Kirkpatri

Second Unit

• 389 posts

Posted April 29 2005 - 11:58 AM

Sig says it all.

#19 of 38 OFFLINE   Jan H

Jan H

Screenwriter

• 2,010 posts

Posted April 29 2005 - 12:12 PM

Rush is my favorite band ever, probably because I've seen them live 10 times. But Led Zeppelin is the greatest band ever, and if I was a few years older and had been able to see them live (I'm 37), they would probably be #1. There's nothing like the live experience to really make one come to love a band. After that: 3. Steely Dan 4. The Who 5. The Beatles 6. Van Halen (though I much prefer the Roth era) 7. Soundgarden 8. Radiohead 9. Queensryche 10. Yes

#20 of 38 OFFLINE   Mark Ram

Mark Ram

Agent

• 31 posts

Posted April 30 2005 - 02:52 AM

Beatles Smiths Depeche Mode Tears For Fears REM Cure U2 Led Zeppelin Pink Floyd Queen