Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

New Scifi channel pilot "Eureka"...

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1 of 80 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 7,017 posts

Posted April 27 2005 - 07:40 AM

Just read about this over at www.thefutoncritic.com Curious if anyone has heard anything about this?

Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#2 of 80 OFFLINE   Richard Travale

Richard Travale

Producer

• 3,426 posts
  • LocationThe Island, Canada

Posted April 27 2005 - 12:01 PM

Yeah, they are filming here in my neck of the woods. Right now they have casting calls out for twins, triplets and quadruplets over the age of 60 (will take 40+ if they look older) and George W and Laura Bush look-a-likes. I am considering signing on as an extra once this gets going. They are calling this a Twin Peaks meets Northern Exposure meets the X-Files type of show.
 "Cock your hat - angles are attitudes. "
- Frank Sinatra 

#3 of 80 OFFLINE   Jason Walstrom

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor

• 808 posts

Posted April 27 2005 - 03:24 PM

sign me up.
Nowhere In Mulberry~The Weekly Podcast Commentary of Film, Television and Pop Culture! iTunes

#4 of 80 OFFLINE   Shawn Shultzaberger

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor

• 708 posts

Posted June 07 2006 - 06:34 AM

I've been seeing the commercial for Eureka lately. It acutally looks interesting and fun. I'm definitely going to give it a watch.
"A human being is part of the whole called by us the Universe. We experience ourselves, our thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest --a kind of optical delusion of consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection...

#5 of 80 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,550 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted June 17 2006 - 05:20 AM

The plot makes me think of Dean Koontz.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#6 of 80 OFFLINE   Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman

Producer

• 4,184 posts

Posted June 17 2006 - 07:43 AM

It premieres in July sometime but not on my tivo listing yet. I am affraid I am going to miss it.

#7 of 80 OFFLINE   Linda Thompson

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor

• 966 posts

Posted June 17 2006 - 09:38 AM

#8 of 80 OFFLINE   Stephen Orr

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter

• 1,105 posts

Posted June 21 2006 - 07:39 AM

It's on my DVR list!

#9 of 80 OFFLINE   Andres Munoz

Andres Munoz

Screenwriter

• 2,494 posts

Posted June 28 2006 - 08:10 AM

This looks interesting. Can someone remind us in about a month? Posted Image
Andres

#10 of 80 OFFLINE   Linda Thompson

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor

• 966 posts

Posted July 18 2006 - 01:52 AM

Premieres tonight, 9 PM (Eastern)...repeats at 12:05 AM... Posted Image

#11 of 80 OFFLINE   Greg Kettell

Greg Kettell

Screenwriter

• 1,232 posts
  • LocationNY Capital Region

Posted July 18 2006 - 05:12 PM

Missed it.. was it any good?

#12 of 80 OFFLINE   Raasean Asaad

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor

• 962 posts

Posted July 19 2006 - 02:07 AM

it was ok, i think they may have gone overboard with the quirkyness but if they tone it down i'll keep watching. Then again I'll watch almost anything with Salli Richardson in it.
Good lord, there's nothing worse than the foul stench of desperation when someone wants to be famous.

- Luis Esp

#13 of 80 OFFLINE   TheLongshot

TheLongshot

Producer

• 4,119 posts

Posted July 19 2006 - 02:28 AM

It has potential. I do like the lead guy, who, while a little out of his element, is still quite capable. There is a lot that is played over the top (Especially Matt Frewer's character, who I didn't know was even in the show.), but there are some interesting things that can be developed here. Jason

#14 of 80 OFFLINE   Shawn Shultzaberger

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor

• 708 posts

Posted July 19 2006 - 02:49 AM

I really liked this show. It flowed well except for the whole daughter aspect which seemed kind of added in for some reason. The actors and actresses didn't seem to be clunky or unsure of each other. It really was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. After watching the previews for the next few episodes I'm actually anticipating watching this every week.
"A human being is part of the whole called by us the Universe. We experience ourselves, our thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest --a kind of optical delusion of consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection...

#15 of 80 OFFLINE   LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport

Screenwriter

• 2,980 posts

Posted July 19 2006 - 07:54 AM

I liked the show and I thought the daughter was cute. I think this was a typical pilot episode where they cram to much exposition in the time they had. Once a couple episodes go by I think they will find their rhythm.

#16 of 80 OFFLINE   Chris

Chris

Lead Actor

• 6,790 posts

Posted July 19 2006 - 04:47 PM

This is the kind of show that I think could turn into a really funny Northern Exposure meets X-Files type groove and I really like the actors picked for the show.

The dialog was snappy though at times over the top, but that's OK for a pilot. I think the overall concept is interesting, it's how they play with it that could be fun Posted Image
My Current DVD-Profiler

"I've been Ostrafied!" - Christopher, Sopranos 5/6/07

#17 of 80 OFFLINE   Chuck Anstey

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter

• 1,598 posts

Posted July 20 2006 - 01:55 AM

I liked the show. I am curious how the show will balance the over-the-top quirkyness with the deadly seriousness of the conspiracy. This could be anywhere from a serious drama to a comedy.

I really liked:
"Henry isn't answering the phone"
BOOOOOOM
"Try him again, he'll answer this time."

When I saw Matt Frewer's name in the credits, I thought "bonus" because I usually like his characters. However this character is a disappointment and I wish he would just stick to his normal voice instead of that bad Austrailian accent.

#18 of 80 OFFLINE   Rhoq

Rhoq

Supporting Actor

• 734 posts

Posted July 20 2006 - 02:22 AM

I enjoyed it enough to set my DVR to record the series, for now. Hopefully, the next few episodes will be as strong as the pilot. There is a ton of potential in this one.

#19 of 80 OFFLINE   Linda Thompson

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor

• 966 posts

Posted July 20 2006 - 08:37 AM

Looks like it did VERY well in the ratings too:

http://www.zap2it.co....0,833669.story

#20 of 80 OFFLINE   Shawn Shultzaberger

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor

• 708 posts

Posted July 20 2006 - 12:52 PM

YESSS!!!!! Maybe it will have a decent chance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users