Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Battle Of The Bulge - Short Review

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#21 of 24 OFFLINE   Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,450 posts

Posted April 28 2005 - 07:39 AM

Glad to hear the transfer turned out well and thats its the full version and the Ultra Panavision scope. My favorite war movie even if its not that historically acurate. When I 1st watched and loved it as a kid I didn't know any different. Its a great action movie with a good performance by Robert Shaw and the best Tiger Tank movie ever! (I know they are not real King Tigers but since the only real King Tigers are in museums nobody could use real King Tigers short of building them and this film has way too many Tigers for that). Can't wait to watch this and crank it up. The Laserdisc had a great rumble in the Sub when the Tigers were on the move. I hope this is recreated on the DVD.
...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

Top 20 Films

#22 of 24 OFFLINE   Steve Christou

Steve Christou

Executive Producer

• 14,401 posts
  • LocationLondon, England

Posted April 28 2005 - 08:25 AM

Quote:
Can't wait to watch this and crank it up.

Same here. BotB has always been a favorite of mine, a loud star-studded war epic, my copy should be here by saturday [crosses fingers], and that's it as far as "War films I want and must have on dvd" goes, unless
El Cid also counts as a war film.Posted Image

Dave hören... auf, wille stoppen sie Dave... stoppen sie Dave... Mein gehirn geht... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin ängstlich Dave... Guter Nachmittag. Ich bin ein HAL 9000 computer. Ich wurde funktionsfähig am HAL-Betrieb in Urbana, Illinois auf January 12 1992.

Lord of the Hubs

#23 of 24 OFFLINE   Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,450 posts

Posted April 28 2005 - 08:36 AM

Quote:
Unless El Cid also counts as a war film

I think you could call it an Epic Medival War Film Posted Image

Or What about "Fall of the Roman Empire"? That could be considered and epic Roman War film Posted Image
...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

Top 20 Films

#24 of 24 OFFLINE   Steve Christou

Steve Christou

Executive Producer

• 14,401 posts
  • LocationLondon, England

Posted April 28 2005 - 08:40 AM

Oh yeah, 'Fall of the Roman Empire's another one I'd love to see get remastered and released. '55 Days at Peking' too.Posted Image

Dave hören... auf, wille stoppen sie Dave... stoppen sie Dave... Mein gehirn geht... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin ängstlich Dave... Guter Nachmittag. Ich bin ein HAL 9000 computer. Ich wurde funktionsfähig am HAL-Betrieb in Urbana, Illinois auf January 12 1992.

Lord of the Hubs

Forum Nav Content I Follow