What's new

How do I find threads about "24" ? (1 Viewer)

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
With the search engine. I can't even get the search engine at my favorite etailer to bring the season sets up, if I decided to buy them once I found out some info about them here! Thanks.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Yeah, I had the same trouble when I tried to do a search on "B5" once. :) I'd try searching on "Sutherland" or "Keiffer", "Hour One", things like that. This may not get you every thread, but it should get you several.

Regards,

Joe

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Hehe, just yesterday I had the same issue, I am considering getting into this series and tried a cursory search without success...

--
H

TedT

Second Unit
Just get it. I blind bought the first season and started watching it. I'm pretty blown away by it.

My problem is that I started watching it w/ a girlfriend, now I have to watch all of it with that girlfriend so I can't really watch it at my own pace.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Thanks guys, I did manage to find out what I wanted to know by searching on "Sutherland" (since I knew how to spell it for sure...).

I blind bought 24: Season 1 last fall when they dropped the price and just started watching it now (takes a looong time, almost a whole day, whoda thunk it). I think it's pretty good, and was glad to read that Season 2 is considered even better.

Rolando

Screenwriter
I just finished watching Season 2 myself and yes in some ways it is better.

It gets really annoying at some points. Personally though I find her very pretty, everytime Kim is on screen I wince like somebody is scratching a blackboard with their nails.

They make her character do things that are so stupid. Really, everytime we go to her storyline I end up really annoyed.

Other than that yes I would say better. Now the funny thing is that I have colleagues at work telling me season 3 is even better.

I can't wait!

Alex-A

Stunt Coordinator
I also had a hell of a time locating threads about 24. That's the downside when the title of the show is a two digit number. Most searches require three characters and some ignore numbers.

As for the seasons, my friend let me borrow season one, and I got hooked. shortly after that (while I still had his copy of S1) I went out and bought season 1 for 30 bucks new, and season two used. Just waiting to find a deal on season three and the release of season four.

Ian_H

Supporting Actor

I have been rewatching season 1 and 2 and I found that I have to fast foward all the Kim scenes in season 2. I made it through most of season 1 but towards the end I had to fast foward those too. Best thing they did for this current season is dropping Kim.

--Ian

Holadem

Senior HTF Member

Well, I did just that, got hooked pretty much immediately. I am at 12PM. And I have to wait for her to come back later to continue.

My other problem is that I got 5 disks from netflix, so I gotta wait till sometime next week for the 6th disc. I am pretty certain I will be done with what I have well before the weekend ends - heck, possibly tonight...

Good solid show. It's exremely intense, never lets up, and that can be too much over long viewing sessions. At the same time, it is truly addictive, in a plot-driven, Da Vinci Code style "I wanna know what happens next" kinda way.

Britton

Screenwriter

That wasn't too bad. It was waiting multiple weeks while the show would be on hiatus that really ate away my sanity.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I really hate it when this happens.

In a show of this complexity, sure, your gonna see a lot of holes if you look too close. I was willing to go along with a ride which sometimes stretched the limits of believability because it was SO NEW and so much fun.

But that last plot twist in the second to last episode nearly ruined the entire series for me. The most contrived piece of crap I have ever seen, I was so pissed, it didn't make one ounce of sense :thumbsdown:.

It's really upsetting that writers are willing to discredit a whole season (and show, because if S2 gets that absurd, I am not in a hurry to check it out) by pulling a stunt like that.

--
H

Alex-A

Stunt Coordinator
What are you talking about? The realization that Nina was the mole in CTU?

Why is that such an 'absurd stunt'? Its the perfect example of reality where in situations like those who can you really trust?

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Alex, please spoilerize your post, this threaad has no such warning whatsover.

I will reply to your question in a moment.

--
H

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Alex, it is an "absurd stunt" because the writers clearly pulled that one of out their arse. There is no way in hell Nina was meant to be a baddie form the begining, she has helped Jack numerous times when it would have been extremely easy for her to foil his plans, even in subtle ways that would have protected her still. She could have warned the finance dude. She could have warned Alexis. She has been in danger as well, heck she was even "shot" at some point. Jamie's death? Was surveillance equipement not disabled in the interrogation room? That was the hole point of being in that room the first place!

The show is excellent as long as you don't think about it too much (was that REALLY the best way to acquire the photographer's ID?! How did Ira get hooked up to the hospital's security camera?) but that last twist was way too hard to swallow, I just don't buy it. I am surprised that anyone would. With a twist of this nature, you're supposed to watch the show again and see everything fall into place. I very much doubt that will happen if I watch S1 again.

I WILL watch S2 hoping no such extreme stuff shows up.

--
H

Richard Ruffner

Stunt Coordinator
The way I remember it, they didn't plan to do that from the start, so yes, it was kind of jarring. But they made it work, and it really upped the drama of the last two episodes.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Holadem,

Nina did not know about Gaines' side of the operation so she had no idea what he was doing. And Gaines had no idea about her.

Beyond that, I always say suspension of disbelief. I just roll with it since it's a TV show not documentary:)

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member
I love 24 very, very much but if that bothered you that much I would advise bailing now. The plot holes get far worse in later seasons. It just a facet of the show you have to accept. Season One is probably the tightest of all the seasons in terms of plotting.

Personally, I view the show as a bit of an experiment. For the later seasons the writers admitted they didn't really plot out more than a few episodes in advance. Consequently its kind of fun to see them write themselves into corners and see what kind of incredible hoops they will jump through to get out. Kind of similar to serialized fiction like The Green Mile- once its on the air there's no going back so just have to deal with the setup and let things playout.

You can almost imagine the writers' meetings where they're saying:

"wouldn't it be cool if..."
"yeah but how are we going to deal with that later?"
"Hmmm, I don't know. But its too cool not to go with so we'll just have to be flexible."
"But it doesn't make any sense with what's happened so far."
"Eh, we'll try to explain it later if time permits."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks