What's new

What would you do? (horror related) (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I was watching the remake of Dawn of the Dead last night. And I was trying to think about what I would do if it really happened.

Just curious as to what people here would do? (try to be someowhat serious) ;)

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
Pack my bags, get a shitload of canned food/bottled water, gasoline, and survival equipment (yes, lots of guns!), load up a big-rig with all my stuff, and high-tail it to a remote area of a desert, an island (hey, I can steal a ferry!) or somewhere inaccessible to meandering zombies. That way I know I have enough supplies and a big enough vehicle to slam my way through anyone in my way (splat!)...

:)

Moe.

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Shoot myself.

Less painful than getting eaten which would eventually happen anyways from what we see. You just can't escape such a thing. They are everywhere and will eventually get you.

Sounds like the Jahoval's Witnesses who come door to door.

Plus being alone in the desert with no tv would just be torture.

Starving without food and getting bitten to death just sound so much more painful.

P.S.

Moe,

The island thing just doesn't work. The characters in Dawn of the Dead remake went to an island. We know what happened to them at the end. There was also an Island of the Dead movie as well.

So, the only way to get out of this would probably by to exit Earth by going to the moon or some other kind of planet.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
I'd just hole up someplace for about two months, until they starve to death ala 28 Days Later. They might not be 'living' anymore, but if they have muscles they need food and oxygen to use them. Zombies might be unnatural, but they still must obey certain basic universal laws.

If they don't eat anything but other people, when their food supply gets scarce, so will the zombies. Now zombies that know how to use can openers and eat regularly, I think we could kiss it goodbye.

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
I'd sew myself a really big dog suit and then I wouldn't have to worry about being eaten ..... they'd just ignore me and go about looking for humans.

On a more serious note, our house isn't the most protective place as far as shelter goes... lots of glass. I mean our sunroom is pretty much all glass and there are no doors to close it off to the rest of the house. I have two exits (not including windows, which I think would be borded up, front door and sunroom door. I'd be screwed.

*makes plans to move out into the middle of nowhere and buid an underground shelter with plenty of supplies and guns*

Doug:Li

Stunt Coordinator
I'd hole up in my local pub! :)

FIrst thing i would do is get all the denim and leather jackets/clothes i could find and cover my self up so i dont get bit/scratched when running thru hordes of Zombies.

Never understood why in Zombie flicks people, dont have long sleeves. They run around in tshirts and tank tops...(while it may look attractive to see a sweaty girl like Milla, in a tank top or short skirt, it aint practical)If it only takes a nick, and u turn into one, why not protect yourself?

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I just happen to be watching History channel last night. And on Modern Marvels they had an episode about bunkers. So my choices would be Cheyenne Mountain (NORAD) and Greenbriar (Where up until 1992 the US Congress would go in an emeregency situation.). I also think Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket might be good. Big enough, to survive a while, but small enough (hopefully) that the infected aren't there. ;)

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
According to this information our electric supply could fail sooner than we might think if Zombies rise against us. The Islands off the cape would be safe as long as you had a fireplace. It gets cold in New England in the winter.

Colton

Supporting Actor
Finally, someone has asked an intelligent question! I love the thought of psychological horror survival situations ...

If given ample time to react to the situation, I'd definately high-tail out of the suburbs. That's the worst place you can be. Zombies will smash through windows and doors easily. Hiding in your home would only be good for a few weeks - depending on several things:

1. How long before electricity completely fails.
2. How long before water stops.
3. How long your food supply lasts.

All communication and transportation will eventually grind to a halt. So, don't plan on staying mobile for too long. It's a huge risk just to leave your car to fill with gas (if you are able to find a working pump). Besides, streets would be littered with dead cars and wandering zombies.

The only possible way to stay alive long enough would be to have a bomb shelter with a generous supply of MREs. A power generator and a water well. Since I don't have access to a bomb shelter, I'm pretty much screwed.

People fleeing to a military base may not be granted access. The shopping mall doesn't really sound like a bad idea - if the utilities are still functional. If you can get to an deserted island - great, but there's some risk that zombies can travel underwater, so you would have to be on guard 24/7.

Now, if the situation was immediate and dire with no time to plan for an escape - I'd probably just hunker down at home and bide my time until the zombies come for me ... but I won't go down without a fight.

- Colton

P.S. Find a machette and make it your primary weapon. Ammo for guns will eventually run out.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
I'd have been banging Sarah Polley as much as possible... Oh, wait. You meant if it happened in real life. OK. Ummmm. I'll be banging Sarah Polley as much as possible. :D

Brad

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Mark, that was interesting thanks. Reminds me of the scene from "The Stand". When they turned the power back on. And you see all of the things we take for granted coming back on....with dead bodies everywhere. ;)

Just, a quick question from Dawn of the Dead. Did they every explain how they keep the Zombies out of the mall from the main enterances? Were their gates that came down? I don't think glass doors would stop them.

Todd_B

Second Unit
^In the remake one of the characters remarks that the glass is "shatterproof"..

They didn't have that luxury in the original version :)

Todd B

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks