-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Montreal or Quebec City?....

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,872 posts

Posted April 26 2005 - 03:04 AM

I am thinking of taking my wife to either Quebec City or Montreal this August. Just wondering which city would you recommend? Also, any recommendations of things to do? I am leaning towards Quebec City, because of its old city section and I enjoy that stuff more.

Thanks!
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#2 of 6 Micheal

Micheal

Screenwriter

• 1,526 posts

Posted April 26 2005 - 04:04 AM

I would also pick Quebec City for the same reason.
Having been to both, take it for what it's worth.
Just my opinion,

Mike
BLAM!
Good... bad... I'm the guy with the gun.

#3 of 6 Moe Maishlish

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor

• 992 posts

Posted April 26 2005 - 07:12 AM

Montreal is more of a party-town, and has it's share of historical/cultural attractions.

Quebec City is... well... it's kinda boring. Unless you like staring at old buildings (oooooo!) and doing the political tour thing (ahhhhhhh!)...

Moe.
- Confidence implies the knowledge of one's limitations, while arrogance implies that one does not have any.

- There's no such thing as "normal". The secret is to find someone that's screwed up in a way that seems "normal" to you.

#4 of 6 Steeve Bergeron

Steeve Bergeron

Screenwriter

• 2,541 posts

Posted April 26 2005 - 12:22 PM

Montreal. There are tons of festivals in Montreal at summer time. It also has its share of old buildings, if that's what you really like.

Check out the following website:

http://www.vieux.mon...ng/accueila.htm

#5 of 6 EugeneR

EugeneR

Second Unit

• 263 posts

Posted April 26 2005 - 12:32 PM

QC is one of the most beautiful cities I've ever seen, and Montreal is one hell of a fun town and also well worth seeing. They are not too far apart, only about 3 hours by car, so why not see both? Rent a convertible and take a leisurely drive, that's what we did. If you absolutely put a gun to my head, I would say QC.

#6 of 6 Francois Caron

Francois Caron

Screenwriter

• 2,145 posts

Posted April 26 2005 - 12:46 PM

In Quebec City, you can take the ferry at night just to look at the city lights. Buy a one-way ticket and simply stay on the ferry when it reaches the other side.

In Montreal, you'll be too hammered to notice anything. Posted Image