-

Photo

Blade Trinity -- 2 Covers?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 of 12 OFFLINE   Jordan Rebner

Jordan Rebner

Agent

• 33 posts

Posted April 25 2005 - 07:47 AM

I was looking through the futureshop flyer today and noticed that the coverart for Blade Trinity says Extreme Edition instead of the Unrated Edition cover i've been seeing everywhere.

I'm sure they are identical in content, but was curious as to this possibly being the candian version, and if so why. Do us canadians not like the word unrated or something?

I woudl posta link but i don't have 15 posts yet. Just check out futureshop.ca for a pic if interested.
I'm a little teapot short and stout

My DVDs

#2 of 12 OFFLINE   Damin J Toell

Damin J Toell

Producer

• 3,761 posts

Posted April 25 2005 - 07:50 AM

One reason could be that the uncut version might actually be rated in Canada. Calling it unrated would then be a misnomer (although this hasn't necessarily stopped studios before (e.g., the R-rated "unrated" extended cut of Bad Santa)).

DJ

#3 of 12 OFFLINE   Patrick Soucy

Patrick Soucy

Second Unit

• 277 posts

Posted April 26 2005 - 03:21 AM

Great, I prefer the "extreme edition" title.

Unrated edition, it's not really a good way to descibe a version... it's only un-rated... not a big deal! Posted Image

#4 of 12 OFFLINE   Tom Tsai

Tom Tsai

Supporting Actor

• 565 posts

Posted April 26 2005 - 03:51 AM

Posted Image

#5 of 12 OFFLINE   Jordan Rebner

Jordan Rebner

Agent

• 33 posts

Posted April 26 2005 - 04:51 AM

thanks for the pic Tom - helps explain the questions much better.

Quote:
One reason could be that the uncut version might actually be rated in Canada

Does that mean that the CMPDA actaully sits down and reviews this movie sperately from the theatrical release? Is this becoming common practice? I can understand not wanted to release unrated versions of films from certain points of view. Unrated is kind of associated with nudity and sex by many people i would think.

Quote:
it's only un-rated... not a big deal!

You can say that again... Do people realize that just about all special features are unrated?

My DVDs

#6 of 12 OFFLINE   Damin J Toell

Damin J Toell

Producer

• 3,761 posts

Posted April 26 2005 - 07:03 AM

Quote:
Does that mean that the CMPDA actaully sits down and reviews this movie sperately from the theatrical release? Is this becoming common practice? I can understand not wanted to release unrated versions of films from certain points of view. Unrated is kind of associated with nudity and sex by many people i would think.

I don't know much about Canadian ratings practices (the CHRVS appears to be voluntary, whereas theatrical rating is compulsory), but it's entirely possible that the distributor voluntarily submitted the extended cut for rating.

DJ

#7 of 12 OFFLINE   Rolando

Rolando

Screenwriter

• 1,318 posts

Posted April 26 2005 - 07:23 AM

is the theatrical cut on the same disc or is there a separate release?
Rolando Avendano

My Collection

#8 of 12 OFFLINE   EricSunde

EricSunde

Stunt Coordinator

• 59 posts

Posted April 26 2005 - 10:32 AM

On the US Unrated DVD I got, it says the R rated version is included.
"Oh, no no no. What I just got is that you're like a total jacked up freaky-deaky crazy pants!!"
-Dr. Venture, The Venture Brothers

#9 of 12 OFFLINE   Rolando

Rolando

Screenwriter

• 1,318 posts

Posted April 26 2005 - 01:32 PM

Can anyone confirm the Canadian release is the same as the US?

I know we actually got the comic book inside, big shock from Alliance but is content the same?
Rolando Avendano

My Collection

#10 of 12 OFFLINE   Kain_C

Kain_C

Screenwriter

• 1,036 posts

Posted April 26 2005 - 04:51 PM

Quote:
You can say that again... Do people realize that just about all special features are unrated?

I was under the impression that the 'unrated' label referred to the fact that the theatrical cut was simply extended with deleted scenes and the filmmakers hadn't bothered to submit the longer print to the MPAA for re-rating. I think they try to sucker in the horny crowd especially with unrated versions of "Girl Next Door" under the false hope of nudity etc.

#11 of 12 OFFLINE   ChristianB

ChristianB

Stunt Coordinator

• 241 posts

Posted April 26 2005 - 05:35 PM

Quote:
Can anyone confirm the Canadian release is the same as the US?

Yes, the DVD contains both the Extended and Theatrical Versions on Disc 1.

Christian

#12 of 12 OFFLINE   Jordan Rebner

Jordan Rebner

Agent

• 33 posts

Posted April 27 2005 - 07:42 AM

Kain,

I can't tell if you are agreeing with me or not, but that's what i meant. They aren't unrated because they are raunchy, they are unrated because no one has taken time to rate them.

I think i'll be renting this title before purchase though, i've heard some not so great things about the actual movie. On the plus side i've heard the disc itself is great

My DVDs

Back to DVD

Forum Nav Content I Follow