Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

need help with box finish...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 BryanDO

BryanDO

Stunt Coordinator

• 111 posts

Posted April 25 2005 - 02:14 AM

Hey guys, I have kind of a weird situation here. I completed my sub, had a vinyl finish on it. I then noticed an air leak at one of the joints so the vinyl had to come off. Now the box is raw MDF, but, theres 3m glue and pieces of cotton all over the box. Is there a way to take it off? I want to go with a dark wood finish like many of you guys and commercial subs have. How would
I do that in my situation? Thanks a million.

P.S. This is kind of urgent because right now the ugly sub is inthe basement. Me and my girlfriend are moving and she says the sub can't go in the living room looking like it is! Need to make it attractive or my bass will be lost! Help Posted Image

#2 of 2 Stephen Hopkins

Stephen Hopkins

Screenwriter

• 2,598 posts

Posted April 25 2005 - 04:35 AM

I'd contact 3M and see what kind of solvent they reccomend. Once you get the glue/cotton off then you can easily cover in vinyl from parts express for an easy and inexpensive faux wood finish.