What's new

Will Ferrell to star in "Land of the Lost" film (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Sigh...another favorite of my youth (along with "Bewitched") ruined by Will Ferrell. :angry:

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
Does Land of the Lost really need to be made into a movie? Are they going to let the creators take drugs like the original show ;)

I like Ferrell in original stuff like Old School and Elf.

Jace_A

Second Unit

Did Bewitched? Did Fat Albert? Did Scooby Doo? And to think, Hollywood execs get paid millions to come up with ideas like this.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Funny, I was watching "Land of the Lost" on DVD the other day and wondered why it hadn't been made into a movie yet.

Also funny how Will Ferrell played Marshall Willenholly in "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back"

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Lidsville and H.R. would be amazing on the big screen.

:b

Ivan Lindenfeld

Second Unit
The camp and cheese factor is what made LOTL and HR Pufnstuff and all of the Sid and Marty Krofft shows so great.

Just say "Sleestack" to a coworker that is the same age. Guarantee grin.

Ssssssss....Ssssssssssss...SSSSSS.......sssssssss. ...

:)

My point is that the camp and cheese factor cannot be replicated with today's production values.

Think about how SIMPLE LOTL was. They had what, one set with four corners, the cave corner, the forest corner, the "outside the cave" corner, and the "underground in the Sleestacks lair" corner, that they rotated the camera around!?!

I'm not even sure I want to see The Dukes of Hazzard. There is only one Daisy Duke.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Of course, the upside is The Fugitive, Maverick, and Mission: Impossible. A financial and/or creative disaster isn't a given.

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor

The Fugitive I'll give you, but the other two were pretty ordinary (and Mission: Impossible had an only passing association with the TV series). Land of the Lost, however, is fodder for camp. And Hollywood isn't nearly as clever as it used to be when it comes to comedy.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Why make a campy remake of a show that is the pinnacle of camp (though, it was high drama to me as a kid)? This is a concept that would work well done seriously. To make it high-concept, it would be Jurassic Park meets Lost.

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter

Yea, kinda like the Six Million Dollar Man movie that Jim Carey is linked to. SMDM would make a kick ass serious action movie, but nooooo, we are going to get a campy komody with lots of che che che che che che jokes.

JohnAP

Second Unit
I think a land of the lost movie would be cool, but finding out they're taking a comedy angle totally turns me off. Will Ferrell is funny, but Land of the Lost should be a fun family action film, not a vehicle for a comedian. Perhaps something more like what the Lost in Space movie was trying to be.

Travis W.

Second Unit
Will Ferrell is getting on my nerves anymore. The Bewitched trailer is one of the worst I have seen and Ferrell's character just comes off as irritating. I liked him in Anchorman but that's about it.

Chuck_D

Agent
I can remember watching as a kid and the Sleestacks scaring the crap out of me. Watching them as an adult makes me realize I was a very stupid kid.;)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Land of the Lost is currently filming.

Will Farrell will be Forrest Ranger Rick Marshall
and him and his two kids find the land of the lost in a secret area of the forrest.

Anna Friel who plays Chuck in Pushing Daisies will be in it as well.

Unless they have changed their minds.
The effects are going to be cheesy and bad CGI.
to imitate the old TV show.
Movie opens July 17th 2009

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
That's a mistake, given how modern movie audiences nitpick every single flaw in FX these days.

Sounds like they're going for a farce in the mode of "Epic Movie" or "Meet the Spartans."

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
:frowning:

A serious attempt at this would rock. And launch a franchise as well.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
This might actually be the first Farrell film I see in the cinema. Could be kind of fun. Typically I avoid his flicks...not to mention avoiding project that mess around with my beloved childhood favs, but this looks different.

Not sure about cheesy VS noncheesy. I'm thinking they should have goofed around with the original style of the shows since it would add laughs. We'll see....

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
lets hope Will doesnt combine Ron Bugandy, Ricky Bobby, and Jackie Moon.

Oh wait those are all the same characters.

Sleestaks look cool

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks