Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Weekly RoundUp 4/26/2005

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
44 replies to this topic

#21 of 45 OFFLINE   Scott_J

Scott_J

Screenwriter

• 2,635 posts

Posted April 25 2005 - 04:35 AM

Re: the Family Guy LEs, from what I have read at various sites, each LE features a T-shirt and a bonus DVD containing a trailer for the new FG season, the pilot for American Dad, and some "behind-the-scenes" stuff at FG. Not exactly enough to make me re-buy the series. According to BB's site, the shirts are:

Volume 1 — Brian Griffin, the family dog
Volume 2 — Stewie Griffin, the baby

Also, BB is advertising a BB-exclusive bonus disc with the sets. According to their site:
"The disc contains the "Best of Stewie," trailers, teasers and the pilot for American Dad."
Seems similar to the disc included with the sets at all stores. Not much exclusivity to it, from what I can tell.

Here's the link to BB's info of everything, including images of the shirts:
http://www.bestbuy.c.....at59400050010

Again, doesn't seem like enough for people who have the original releases to double dip, but if you haven't bought the series yet it's probably a good deal.

#22 of 45 OFFLINE   Don

Don

Second Unit

• 376 posts

Posted April 25 2005 - 04:36 AM

I'll like to get Lemony but whats The Cheapest anyone has seen it for. i found it for $21.89 on line. but would like to pick it up at a store ? http://www.deepdisco....com/search.cfm is Deep Discount worth Buying From ?

#23 of 45 OFFLINE   Scott_J

Scott_J

Screenwriter

• 2,635 posts

Posted April 25 2005 - 04:39 AM

Mike, cc.com doesn't charge sales tax to NY residents? I could have sworn they did the last time I ordered from them.

#24 of 45 OFFLINE   Eric DiPiazza

Eric DiPiazza

Stunt Coordinator

• 174 posts

Posted April 25 2005 - 05:07 AM

Thanks Scott! I appreciate your feedback. Thats kind of what I figured too, the BB disc seems awfully similar to the other ones. I haven't bought any of the Family Guy sets yet, so it's about time for me to pick them up.

#25 of 45 OFFLINE   Phil Tomaskovic

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor

• 743 posts

Posted April 25 2005 - 05:33 AM

cc.com now has Lemony CE back at 29.99 so amazon is the best price if you add something else for free shipping.

I wonder what's on the CC bonus disc, the CE extra disc didn't seem to interesting from what amazon lists.

#26 of 45 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,766 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted April 25 2005 - 08:19 AM

Quote:
Mike, cc.com doesn't charge sales tax to NY residents? I could have sworn they did the last time I ordered from them.

Scott: Don't know. I've never ordered from them. Wouldn't be surprised since they have a strong in-state NY presence.

And, I still don't know since I'll be stopping by my local Circuit City Tuesday...hoping they don't sell out of copies of Survivor/Outback before I get there.

Boy, I'm still burning about that. Even with the sales tax...there would have been no shipping and I would have been ahead another $3.24!

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#27 of 45 OFFLINE   Greg S

Greg S

Supporting Actor

• 991 posts

Posted April 26 2005 - 03:54 AM

Thanks for the Roundup Mike. I haven't been checking it lately as I haven't bought anything but WW Season 4 in about 3 months I think.

Blade Trinity for me and thats it.

Greg

#28 of 45 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,766 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted April 26 2005 - 04:28 AM

Was at my local cc at 10:10am and scored Survivor:Outback for $32.99! Posted Image

They only had about three copies on their shelves.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#29 of 45 OFFLINE   BrianHass

BrianHass

Stunt Coordinator

• 63 posts

Posted April 26 2005 - 07:45 AM

Well, I just purchased the New version of Family Guy Vol.2 at Target to save $5 over the BB price.
I originally couldn't decide if I wanted the Best Buy Exclusive disc or the disc that came with Targets set.(Couldn't tell if there was a difference).
Well, to answer the question if there is a difference, there does seem to be. Best Buy advertises a "Best of Stewie" with commentary. This is NOT on the Target disc. So Best Buy does have an exclusive disc after all. If you want this featurette then get the BB disc.

#30 of 45 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,766 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted April 26 2005 - 12:58 PM

The Wal-Mart near me had the Family Guy LEs with T-shirt and bonus DVD. Probably the same as Target's version. Unfortunately, I forgot to write down the price of the sets. Sorry. (I want to say they were in the $31.xx/$32.xx range.)

In the meantime, here are some of the prices on new releases which I saw tonight at my local Wal-Mart (East Greenbush, NY):

Survivor: Outback $33.24
Assassination of Richard Nixon $16.99
ER - Season 3: $28.49
Crank Yankers - Season 2: $17.09
Lemony Snickett...: $15.87
Lemony Snicket...(w/ an on-pack book): $19.82
Blade - Trinity: $15.87
Blade (3 pack): $49.96
Darkness: $18.94

This Wal-Mart had both the rated AND NR versions of Darkness.

#31 of 45 OFFLINE   Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,686 posts

Posted April 26 2005 - 02:02 PM

A relatively light week for me....just importing Lemony Snicket:CE and Blade:Trinity UR through Amazon. Thanks for the roundup as always Mike.Posted Image
Recently watched- Invasion Of The Body Snatchers(1978), Ransom, Dragonheart, Tomb Of Ligeia, Bloodlust: Subspecies III, Gorky Park, The Last Man On Earth(1964), Lost: Season 6, Transformers Age Of Extinction 3D, The World's End, Toy Story Of Terror!, X-Men: Days Of Future Past 3D, Bloodstone: Subspecies II, Snowpiercer, A Nightmare On Elm St Pt 2, A Nightmare On Elm Street(1984), Halloween III: Season Of The Witch

Currently watching- Planet Earth, Cheers: Season 6, True Blood: Season 2, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, The Equalizer: Season 2, Tales From The Crypt: Season 2, WKRP In Cincinnati, Season 1, Arrow: Season 2

Irina Asanova - "KGB have better cars, you know."
Arkady Renko - "Ah, but they don't always take you where you want to go, do they?"

#32 of 45 OFFLINE   Phil Tomaskovic

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor

• 743 posts

Posted April 27 2005 - 01:51 AM

did anyone get the bonus disc for Lemony at CC? They were gone when I went at lunch Tues.

#33 of 45 OFFLINE   Nick T Robot

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor

• 563 posts

Posted April 27 2005 - 07:19 AM

2 Questions for those who purchased the newly released Family Guy sets:

1) Are the sets themselves different in some way compared to the Season 1/2 and Season 3 box sets that came out in the past couple years?

Quote:
Well, I just purchased the New version of Family Guy Vol.2 at Target to save $5 over the BB price.
I originally couldn't decide if I wanted the Best Buy Exclusive disc or the disc that came with Targets set.(Couldn't tell if there was a difference).
Well, to answer the question if there is a difference, there does seem to be. Best Buy advertises a "Best of Stewie" with commentary. This is NOT on the Target disc. So Best Buy does have an exclusive disc after all. If you want this featurette then get the BB disc.

2)So what is on the Target bonus disc?

And another minor question:

Quote:
The Wal-Mart near me had the Family Guy LEs with T-shirt and bonus DVD.

what does LE stand for?

#34 of 45 OFFLINE   Randy B A

Randy B A

Supporting Actor

• 785 posts

Posted April 27 2005 - 07:23 AM

what does LE stand for?

Limited edition

I got the Blade trilogy for $34.99 PM to frys. Is there any reason to also get the R rated Blade Trinity? or is every thing duplicated on the unrated version?

Thanks, Randy B A

#35 of 45 OFFLINE   Nick T Robot

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor

• 563 posts

Posted April 27 2005 - 07:25 AM

These new sets are limited? are they different that the old sets?

I should have guessed "Limied Edition"

#36 of 45 OFFLINE   Eric DiPiazza

Eric DiPiazza

Stunt Coordinator

• 174 posts

Posted April 27 2005 - 11:15 AM

No. The dvd's themselves are the same as before. The only "limted" thing is the t-shirt and bonus disc.

#37 of 45 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 29,766 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted April 27 2005 - 01:32 PM

Some DVD prices seen during a quick tour of my local BJs Wholesale Club tonight (Albany, NY):

Lemony Snicket... $17.99
Lemony Snicket...CE $24.99
Blade: Trinity $18.99
Darkness PG-13/NR $17.99
House of Flying Dagger $18.49
Love Song for Bobby Long $18.99
Spanglish $17.99
ER: Season 3 $29.99
Waltons: Season 2 $27.99
Hotel Rwanda $17.79
Raging Bull SE $18.99

Again, no signs that the week's "big" releases (such as Lemony Snicket or Blade: Trinity) were subject to any further reduction at the register.

Also, my BJs looked like it has been doing a thinning out of its DVD selection. A much smaller amount of titles with many empty slots in its usual racks. Maybe a change is in the works.

#38 of 45 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,197 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted April 27 2005 - 01:34 PM

snicket was 14.99 at my local toys r us
facebook.com/whotony

#39 of 45 OFFLINE   BrianHass

BrianHass

Stunt Coordinator

• 63 posts

Posted April 28 2005 - 12:26 AM

The Limited dvd for the Target "Family Guy" includes the pilot for American Dad. Advertisement showing clips from Season 4 of "Family Guy" (Funny Stuff) A behind the scenes of the voice actor for stewie, commecials for a couple other animated shows coming on dvd.

#40 of 45 OFFLINE   Nick T Robot

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor

• 563 posts

Posted April 28 2005 - 03:53 AM

Is the Bonus DVD the same for Vol 1 and Vol 2?

Thanks!

Forum Nav Content I Follow