Photo
- - - - -

Hiding songs in iTunes library (without deleting)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 MarkHastings

MarkHastings

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 12,013 posts

Posted April 23 2005 - 05:33 AM

The reason I ask is, I just bought an iTrip and you have to load an MP3 for each tuning station. There are 103 of these MP3's! Posted Image

The thing that bugs me is, they show up in my library and I'd rather not have them show up there, yet, if I delete them, when I plug in my iPod, they'll be deleted from the iPod and I won't be able to access those MP3's for radio tuning.

Is there any way to get these songs out of my library, yet still be available in a playlist??

#2 of 4 SteveLa

SteveLa

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted April 23 2005 - 05:47 AM

If you set your preference in iTunes to manually update the playlists on the iPod (as opposed to automatically synchronizing) then you don't have to worry about the songs on the iPod being removed if they are no longer in your iTunes library.

#3 of 4 Scott L

Scott L

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 4,466 posts

Posted April 23 2005 - 07:38 AM

I had the same problem Mark. I just deleted everything except 87.9 and LED off. Maybe this won't help you but just fyi:

Quote:
Preventing specific songs from being transferred to your iPod
If you know there are some songs you don't want to copy to your iPod, you can choose not to transfer them. For example you may have audio books in your iTunes library that you've already listened to and don’t want to transfer to your iPod. In iTunes, click the checkbox next to the audio book name to remove the checkmark. Click the iPod Options button and then choose the "Only update checked songs" option and click OK.

#4 of 4 MarkHastings

MarkHastings

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 12,013 posts

Posted April 23 2005 - 08:43 AM

Quote:
If you set your preference in iTunes to manually update the playlists on the iPod (as opposed to automatically synchronizing) then you don't have to worry about the songs on the iPod being removed if they are no longer in your iTunes library.
Yeah, it seems like that's the only way. I just like the automatic update feature since I am constantly changing things and would never remember what to update manually.
Quote:
I just deleted everything except 87.9 and LED off.
I was thinking of that too, but I'd hate for the day when I can't get 87.9 to work and need another channel. Oh well, I guess I can live with things as is.

Thanks for the FAQ, it's kind of the opposite of what I need, (it's a way of having stuff on your computer and not your iPod) but that's still interesting to note. I took out a ton of classical stuff that I didn't want on my iPod, but I guess I can put that back in my iTunes library and uncheck them all so they don't get put onto the iPod. Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow