Rescue From Gilligan's Island Dvd Question

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 of 27 OFFLINE   DeWilson

DeWilson

Screenwriter

• 1,976 posts

Posted December 26 2012 - 08:34 AM

Wonder why they never used the original lagoon over at CBS Television City again?

...by that time it was buldozed and turned into a parking lot!

#22 of 27 OFFLINE   Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley

Producer

• 3,378 posts

Posted December 26 2012 - 09:41 AM

It's mostly a parking lot now...there are some small offices, and it's home to the Big Brother house. A plaque commemorates the lagoon and the SS Minnow.

#23 of 27 OFFLINE   Ron Lee Green

Ron Lee Green

Supporting Actor

• 589 posts

Posted December 26 2012 - 10:13 AM

I attended a taping of Roseanne once about 20 years ago at the CBS Studio City.

During breaks for camera set-ups, Roseanne would sometimes come over and chat with the audience

I remember there was a man in the audience named Vito Scotti.

He was a character actor who appeared on Gilligan's Island a couple of times. I think his character's name was Boris, among others..

He stood up and introduced himself, and told everybody that Gilligan's Island used to film in the very same sound stage where Roseanne was filming.

Kinda wish I would have asked for his autograph, because he died shortly thereafter.

Roseanne eventually did a Gilligan's Island dream sequence episode.

"Congratulations. You're still in the running towards becoming America's Next Top Model."

#24 of 27 OFFLINE   Jack P

Jack P

Producer

• 3,026 posts

Posted December 26 2012 - 12:13 PM

Vito Scotti had a very long and distinguished career as a character actor. Yes, he was "Boris" in one Gilligan episode (a mad scientist who hypnotizes several of the castaways) but he was also in a VERY un-PC performance that wouldn't pass muster today the nearsighted Japanese sailor in two S1 episodes. But he was also at home in dramatic series too over the years (several times a guest on "Columbo" and one time on an "Ironside" as a proud Mexican-American war veteran whose son has become a bitter radical)

#25 of 27 OFFLINE   Ron Lee Green

Ron Lee Green

Supporting Actor

• 589 posts

Posted December 26 2012 - 01:20 PM

Yes, I've seen him in a lot of reruns since then.

In fact, I recently watched an old episode of The Farmer's Daughter and he was in it.

He was hilarious as a prissy fashion designer. He acted very "flamboyant" (if you know what I mean).

The episode is called, "High Fashion" if you ever get a chance to watch it.

"Congratulations. You're still in the running towards becoming America's Next Top Model."

#26 of 27 OFFLINE   DeWilson

DeWilson

Screenwriter

• 1,976 posts

Posted December 27 2012 - 08:06 AM

Vito Scotti had a very long and distinguished career as a character actor. Yes, he was "Boris" in one Gilligan episode (a mad scientist who hypnotizes several of the castaways) but he was also in a VERY un-PC performance that wouldn't pass muster today the nearsighted Japanese sailor in two S1 episodes. But he was also at home in dramatic series too over the years (several times a guest on "Columbo" and one time on an "Ironside" as a proud Mexican-American war veteran whose son has become a bitter radical)

Vito Scotti was TV's answer to J. Caroll Nash!

#27 of 27 OFFLINE   John DeAngelis

John DeAngelis

Stunt Coordinator

• 174 posts

Posted December 27 2012 - 08:59 AM

Vito thrived on TV, with appearances on Andy's Gang, Peter Gunn, Bonanza, The Twilight Zone, The Addams Family, Batman, The Monkees, The Flying Nun, and many more!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users