What's new

Two for the Road (1967); Where is it? (1 Viewer)

HaigH

Agent
Here's hoping Fox releases this one SOON as part of the Studio Classics line.

Audrey Hepburn fans need not be disappointed like this.

Does anyone have any news?

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I agree....where is it? One of my favorite films. I have a R2 version from Germany and its looks like it came from the laserdisc. The R2 version from UK is horribly cropped aspect ratio wise.
I'd love to see a new transfer in a Classic Studio Edition.

Greg Black

Second Unit
My parents would absolutely love this. It's one of their favorite films of all time. My mother keeps asking me if this is out on DVD yet. I hate to keep telling her it isn't. :frowning: Come on, Fox!

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
I still treasure my Two For the Road laserdisc, which I found sealed for a song at the end of that format's era. Of course, I haven't had room for my laserdisc player and discs for a long while--that's New York apartment living for you. :) IIRC, the laser also has a Stanley Donen commentary. Surely, FOX can simply port this feature over and give us a nice anamorphic transfer. Anything else would truly be gravy.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
This movie inspired my love of traveling through Europe.

I love this film and catch it when it is on Fox Movie Channel . Surely this is more worthy of a Studio Classic release then some of the other recent releases. I will not mention names because I am sure any I listed would be another person's favorite.

Sean A

Stunt Coordinator
I agree. We need this wonderful film on DVD .

And also from Fox, a film that's always linked in my mind with Two for the Road since they have the same director, share a star (Eleanor Bron), released in the same year 1967, by the same studio (Fox), and that's Bedazzled

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
This is one of my all-time favorite Audrey Hepburn's movies. I vividly remember seeing this in a theater in 1967. It was during the days when you could just go into the theater in the middle of a movie. I was thoroughly confused until I sat through the movie from the beginning. I have never seen another movie that was as imaginitive as Two for the Road. I too hope this will be available as a R-1 release.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Hey Jon, you're lucky. I missed out on getting this on Laser (along with "Bedazzled"), probably due to the high price at the time. I thought I would see this on DVD by now as it and "Bedazzled" both have pretty big followings.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
One of the great films of the era, with a screenplay by Frederic Raphael, photographed by Chrisopher Challis, who also shot The Grass is Greener, Those Magnificent Men... and Chitty, Chitty. Mr. Challis was camera operator on Black Narcissus, The Red Shoes, and cinematographer on Tales of Hoffman.

A beautiful film which calls out to be released on DVD.

It was directed by someone named Donen...

This is a film on the short list of prints to have when marooned on an island (with electricity and projectors...)

RAH

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
My wife keeps asking me about this one. She loves Audrey Hepburn films and she's just about worn out the VHS tape.

Stas T

Stunt Coordinator
Two For the Road has been on my list of top ten favorite films since I saw it 15 years ago on screen. I keep hoping Fox will get it out on DVD soon, and can't figure out why they haven't done it yet, given its relatively well-known cast and director.

Also eagerly awaiting the original Bedazzled.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Do you have any S.O. that would be happy with the news?

I guess we can officially get rid of the VCR in November now. This movie was the only thing my wife still watches on VHS. And she has just about worn out the tape.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks