Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Any Nikka Costa Fans?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   John*K

John*K

Stunt Coordinator

• 146 posts

Posted April 19 2005 - 01:09 PM

Any Nikka Costa fans? I've got her first album, and happened to surf on over to her site. She's got a new one coming out on May 24! And based on what I've heard, it sounds gooooood. Definitely check out the web site; some live footage there, plus the new single. I am SO pumped!

http://www.nikkacosta.com/

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   StacyV

StacyV

Second Unit

• 282 posts

Posted April 19 2005 - 01:38 PM

I like Nikka also, and am looking forward to the new cd, especially since it's been pushed back from previous dates. Her song Nothing from the first album is a big, big favorite of mine, among others. She did a great job doing Push & Pull on Prince's Live At The Aladdin dvd too.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Steve Felix

Steve Felix

Supporting Actor

• 618 posts

Posted April 19 2005 - 05:58 PM

I never get tired of her first CD. I had no idea about the new one, great news!
"We're trying to make a movie here, not a film!"
Flickr photos

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Chris Tedesco

Chris Tedesco

Second Unit

• 421 posts

Posted April 20 2005 - 03:31 PM

Hell yes! She is awesome. 2 years ago at a concert at the 9:30 club, I actually bumped right into her up in the 2nd deck!

Anyways, she puts on a terrific show. The band that backs her are all freakishly good. I go to the 9:30 club in DC alot, and it's still one of the best shows I've seen there.

Doesn't hurt that she's hot eitherPosted Image

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Chris Brunner

Chris Brunner

Second Unit

• 441 posts

Posted April 21 2005 - 02:58 AM

Wow!

I was introduced to her last night. She was the opening act for Lenny Kravitz in DC. I really enjoyed her performance. I didn't even know who she was until my wife found a postcard with her name on it in the bathroom after the show. I'll definitely be picking up the new album, as some of the song she did were very good.

And then, this morning, I find a post on HTF about her....

What a cool place to be.

Thanks everybody!!!

C