What's new

Directors Most Painful Movie Death Scene (1 Viewer)

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
I would have to say the big guard getting squished by the rock crusher in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

Runner up would Captain Rhodes death in Day of the Dead . Not only was he shot a few times, he was then ripped apart by zombies.

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
How about Mel Gibson as William Wallace in Braveheart?

There was another recent Gibson movie with a prolonged and painful death sequence as well.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Kirk, that's a good one ;)

I would say Jim Caveziel (sp?) for obvious reasons.

I always thought the sequence in Alien was one hell of a terrible way to die..

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i'd have to say Carrie Moss in Matrix Revolutions (most painful for me to watch :))

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
The thing about the execution in Braveheart is all tha stuff that Gibson couldn't show, and which is presumably happening out of camera range during all those agonized close-ups. If you want all the grisly details look up an article on "hanging, drawing and quartering". Just don't do it after a heavy meal. So I'd say that one pretty much trumps anything else in film and will continue to do so unless someone puts one of Saddam's "lower the guy into the plastic shredder an-inch-at-a-time, feet first" exectutions in a movie.

Regards,

Joe

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
The scene in Meet Joe Black.... the one that involves the bus and Brad pitt. That one was not only painful to watch, but it sure as hell caught me by suprise.

Chris

Senior HTF Member

I forgot about that. Don't know if he died.. but that scene is made me sick to watch.. bah! (loved the movie on the whole, though, and the scene got across the point in regards to depravity)

StephenA

Screenwriter
In Friday the 13th part 6 where the cop who attacks Jason gets bent over and folded in half.

When the guy who is the head of public transportation(I think that's what his job was) tries to rescues the guy in the subway train, and has to jump in the lava to do it in Volcano.

When Murphy gets shot literally to bits by the men he's trying to apprehend, anmd lives through pretty much all of it in Robocop.(Not sure if this counts)

Also in Robocop when on of the bad guys gets soaked in the toxic sludge and starts to melt, and then is hit by the car while walking down the road.

DavidBC

Second Unit
Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio in The Abyss. Painful to watch, painful to happen, painful for my throat as I scream "Get swimming, Ed Harris! Don't just wait for her to die! Get a head-start!"
Although it's definately a better scene the way it is!

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"The thing about the execution in Braveheart is all tha stuff that Gibson couldn't show"

I always thought he was gutted or disembowelled and it always bothered me that blood didnt end up on his chest from what they were doing.

As for the most painful deaths, my vote would be for anyone eaten alive or burned to death.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks