What's new

Star Trek- how much do you own? (1 Viewer)

Roy Wall

Supporting Actor
Star Trek TOS: Season One....Blu Ray and HD
Q Fan Collectors Set
Borg Fan Collectors Set
Klingons Fan Collectors Set
The Fan Collectors Set with Alternate Universes
Star Trek II...Blu Ray
Star Trek VI...Blu Ray
Star Trek TNG: First Contact
That is all.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I own all six series, all of the films, a half-dozen or so 'special edition' VHS sets (e.g., William Shatner's Memories, Trekkies, The Star Trek Saga: From One Generation to the Next, Star Trek: 25th Anniversary Special, etc.), a couple of DVD 'collection' sets, and TOS and TNG blooper reels. I also own a few specials that pertain to Trek (Saturday Night Live, various talk shows, etc.). I do not yet own the remastered versions or anything on blu-ray.
TOS: Entire series three times (once on VHS tape and twice on DVD -- the two episodes-per-disc 40 volume set and the three boxed sets).
TAS: Entire series three times (twice on VHS tape -- once taped off of the television and the distributed sets in the blue boxes, and the entire series on DVD).
TNG: Entire series twice (VHS and DVD).
DS9: Entire series (issued in Germany and England) on DVD, and all of the VHS tapes that were released. (The VHS set cannot be completed, as I don't believe that it was finished.) The Germany and England releases include some interesting special features not found on the initial North American DVD release.
VOY: Entire series twice (VHS and DVD). The burgundy 'torpedo' DVD sets include some interesting special features not found on the initial North American DVD release.
ENT: Entire series twice (VHS taped off of the television and the four boxed DVD sets).
All eleven films, including all of those that were released as Director's Cuts.
Two TOS blooper reels.
One TNG blooper reel.
There is much more (e.g., several LPs and CDs of TOS music and various books), but I can't list all of it from memory.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
I own all that I really wanted, on DVD, purchased just once:
TOS (the three boxed sets in a 3-pack, pre-restoration)
STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE: DIRECTOR'S EDITION
STAR TREK II: THE WRATH OF KAHN: DIRECTOR'S EDITION
TREKKIES (documentary)
--maybe I'll grab TREKKIES 2 at some point, but I'm essentially done.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Star Trek TOS - The Entire Series on Blu-Ray
The Animated Series - The Entire Series
Next Generation - The Entire Series
Deep Space Nine - The Entire Series
Voyager - The Entire Series
Enterprise - The Entire Series - Purchased the last four Series at a Garage Sale last year for $100.00! :D
Movies: Every one except Star Trek V. (Quoting a term from a certain Xmas Song) -"The three best things that describe this movie is as follows and I quote:
Stink, Stank, STUNK!!!" :rolleyes::f :laugh:

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Everything commercially released, and as far as I know all the fan movies and documentaries. There's probably something somewhere I don't have, and if I knew about it, I'd get it.:)

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Everything up to the end of Enterprise.
Movies 1-10, TOS (Original and Remastered), TAS, TNG, DS9, Voyager, and Enterprise.
That's where Star Trek ended for me, and I'm not picking up anything else until the current hacks Paramount hired are away from the franchise and their little parallel universe is forgotten.
Oh, and I almost forgot... the TNG Blu Ray, which convinced me to buy the TNG BR sets when they're available (and affordable).
Now, how are these Trekkies movies?

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i own the following
1. Star trek (Original and re-mastered TOS)
2. Star Trek (The animated series)
3. TOS Movies (!-6)
4. Star Trek Enterprise
I am not a fan of DS9 or Voyager or Star Trek Next Generation

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
I own the TOS set, the remastered set with the 3 plastic-colored DVD boxes. I also have the "Enterprise" series set.
I'm a TOS fan for the most part but except for the "Enterprise" series, I haven't seen most of the other Trek series, just a couple of episodes.
"Romulan vessel crossing the Neutral Zone. Fire Phasers"
111s9rr.jpg

PatrickGoodluck

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Patrick
Star Trek (all 3 seasons on video and dvd)
The Animated series 1973-74 (on video and dvd)
Star Trek: The Motion Pictures I to VI (dvd)
I hastened to type "original series" because to me, Star Trek is Star Trek. The next generation of Star Trek shows (pardon the pun) lose something in translation, charm, colour and meaning. Just my opinion.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
On DVD:
Star Trek: TOS - Entire series (Clamshell editions - *really* want the remastered editions)
Star Trek: TAS - Entire series
Deep Space 9 - S1, S5 (gap is due to sales - waiting to find the other seasons at a price I'm willing to pay)
Voyager - Entire series
Enterprise - Entire series
Collectors editions of the first 6 films (TOS films).
The Next Generation - *If* I come across a good enough deal I'll pick it up - it would have to be under $80 *new* for the entire series with a used price around $40 or less. Otherwise I'll not own this one. While there are many reasons I don't care for this series "The Crusher Effect" is what truly pushes me over the edge. My only reason for picking up a copy would be for "completion".
I *do* own a copy of Star Trek: The Next Generation - Nemesis but only because it was $3 at BL. It's still in shrink wrap.
Oh... and the "reboot" Star Trek movie from Abrams. I generally like it better than any TNG film/episode but not as much as any of the other films/series I own.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
TOS on BD
TNG on DVD (original silver, fat boxes)
DS9 on DVD (original plastic black boxes)
VOY on DVD (multicolor plastic boxes)
TAS on DVD (white clamshell boxes)
ENT on DVD (gray plastic boxes)
TOS movies on BD
TNG movies on BD
TNG-R disc on BD
ST XI on BD (3 disc)
ST I, II, VI on DVD (Special Collector's Editions)

I'll be adding TNG-R to the shelf as they come out.

(In the past, I've had all 40 volumes of TOS on DVD and the original red/yellow/blue clamshell versions of TOS on DVD. And the original single disc versions of the movies. And the SCE's of the movies.)

I need an intervention.

bryan4999

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bryan Forbes
Star Trek as a whole is one of my favorite things ever. That being said, I never collected all the single volume DVDs, it seemed too ponderous! I bought a few of my very favorite episodes on both laserdisc and DVD and lived with my old VHS taped off of TV for the rest. For a while CBS.com had them for streaming view for free, so that was a good resource too, although the quality seemed poorer when I upgraded to a large HD tv. I was thrilled when the box sets started coming out. I slowly collected all the box sets for TOS, TNG, VOY, DS9, and ENT by watching ebay for good prices on used sets. I had quite a few of the films on laserdisc, then I bought my favorite movies on DVD, and rented some of my lesser faves when I had a hankering to see them. The only series I do not own is the animated series, although I plan to get it at some point.
When the world of blu-ray came about, I invested in the remastered TOS and am loving it! I also purchased the two blu-ray motion picture collections when they came up at a good price as amazon gold box specials. I have pre-ordered TNG on blu-ray and am looking forward to it as I thought the sampler disc was gorgeous. I also have the 2009 movie on blu-ray and I enjoy it although I cannot quite love it...
I also set up a special server on my home network called "To Boldly Go" so anywhere in the house you can access any episode or movie. Now who needs an intervention? :)
I just want to take a minute and give Voyager a little love, because reading through the threads it seems it is not as popular as the other series. For some reason I really love those characters and I get a warm feeling from their interaction. Of course, we all have our preferences and isn't it great that the Star Trek universe has so much to offer.
By the way, did anybody collect every episode of TOS on laserdisc? Talk about ponderous - way too expensive and who has that kind of storage space? I porbably owned five or six of those at one time. But i was really ticked that City on the Edge of Forever on laser was the version with replaced music!!! Thank goodness they restored "Goodnight Sweetheart" for later home video versions.
Live long and prosper!
89ef7d40_spock_giving_vulcan_salute_286x215.jpeg

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Bryan,
Count me in as one who also loves Voyager.
I love that idea of the home network server -- very nice! :)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by Ockeghem /t/210522/star-trek-how-much-do-you-own/60#post_3937153
Bryan,
Count me in as one who also loves Voyager.

I would hope both of you guys are listening to The Delta Quadrant podcast. I'm trying to catch up and I'm through Heroes & Demons right now. The show is through Maneuvers or Resistance, IIRC.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
I own:
- TOS (blu-ray)
- Enterprise (dvd)
- DS9 (dvd, would be willing to upgrade to blu-ray if released)
- All the movies (dvd, will eventually upgrade to blu-ray)
Other series:
- TNG (I might buy on blu-ray eventually if found at a good price, but have seen the episodes so many times when aired and in during syndication that it is not a priority)
- Voyager (watched when originally aired, wull probably skip ever purchasing)
- TAS (interested if found at a decent price)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by smithb /t/210522/star-trek-how-much-do-you-own/60#post_3937168
- TAS (interested if found at a decent price)

You might want to keep checking WalMart. I found my set there for $14 or so a few years back. At that price point, I'm totally in for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks