Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Jeff_Standley

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor

• 905 posts

Posted April 13 2005 - 07:30 PM

In another thread about how I suck at GT4 I commented on other arcade style racing games that I liked better, and this was the one I had in the back of my mind when I said that.
I couldnt wait to play this game when I saw it announced and it lives up to the hype I let build in my mind. I have liked all of the Midnight Club racing games that Rockastar has made and this is definitely the best one so far. The feel of the game is much nicer than the previous two and the game feels alot faster when you are racing than the last one for sure, and the Hip-Hop soundtrack is awsome (if you like Hip-Hop). The game itself has a nice cleaner look to it and the customization in this one is awesome. You can add all kinds of stuff to the cars like decals, engine upgrades, wheels (obviously DUBS), body kits, paint etc. I have not made enough money yet to add a bunch of stuff yet, but the $2000 extra cash I had so far took me 20 minutes to spend where I wanted it. I cant even imagine the time it suck when I actually have enough to totally trick out a car. The gameplay is nice, arcade style you might expect. From sliding around corners at 120 MPH to instant stops, but hey this isnt GT4 it's MC3.
I love this game so far and would recomend it to any previous fans of the Midnight Club series. This is definitely the best one out of the series and a good street racing game all around.
If you have'nt liked the Midnbight Club series much I would still recomend at least renting this because it is much better and much improved over the previous two as well.

Oh by the way I picked up the Xbox version.
Here are the reviews so far if you want to see.
Gamespot
IGN
"Do you think the average stormtrooper knows how to install a toilet main"?

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Fredster

Fredster

Stunt Coordinator

• 117 posts

Posted April 13 2005 - 11:29 PM

I just started playing MC3 (PS2). I was a big fan of MC2.

I'm not sure I like the wider, more break away paths. In MC2, when you hit a tree you stopped dead, wrecked, blew up or whatever - it was bad. In MC3 you can just about blast though everything. This seems like a bit less of a challenge. I'm still really early in the game though.

Anyway the game looks and sounds pretty good. Looking forward to taking it online where the real fun happens.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Duane_T

Duane_T

Stunt Coordinator

• 178 posts

Posted April 14 2005 - 04:25 AM

I played my first couple of hours last night (XBox). This is the first MC game I've played and I'm happy with the purchase. Hopefully have time to get it online soon.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Jeff_Standley

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor

• 905 posts

Posted April 14 2005 - 06:16 AM

I played one game of capture the flag online last night with out the headset and liked it alot.
The only thing I dont like is the main menu seems a little laggy but not a thing that holds the actual game back in any way.
"Do you think the average stormtrooper knows how to install a toilet main"?

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Jeff_CusBlues

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor

• 605 posts

Posted November 05 2006 - 06:48 AM

Does anyone play this game on a PSP? My son bought this game and it won't load. The screen just goes black. I have read that it takes up to 70 seconds to load on a PSP, but he has waited much longer. We have exchanged the game twice and each game does the same thing. Any advice? Thanks.

Jeff