Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Reasons NOT to buy from DVDSOON.CA...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Mark_TS

Mark_TS

Screenwriter

• 1,700 posts

Posted April 12 2005 - 07:01 AM

1. they charge your CC the minute you order-even if an item is backordered; They dont inform you if a title is "in stock" or not at the time of ordering-they also dont email you for a week or two informing you your DVD is "in transit" or "on order"
(They dont seem to even know their own stock status definitions-Ive recieved 3 "in transit" emails from them in the past month-"in transit" by their own definition means "In stock at company warehouse, available to ship in 2-3 days)!

You have no way of knowing about their SOP until you dig deep into the companies "Terms and Condidtions";

Ive had the RED DWARF 5&6 set backordered now for 1 month;

2. When you cancel an order, they make it rather hard-you may or may not become aware of an unlabeled "X" by your order-THAT is the way to cancel;

When you DO cancel an order-you are NOT informed that you will automatically be given store credit-UNLESS you dig deeper, and find that you have to specifically fill out a small form for a refund;

3. When you ask for a refund-they state it will take 21 days for it to be credited on your account;

4. If there is a price change in your favor-they WILL NOT inform you-nor will they automatically change it -even if your order has not shipped-even if you ask them too;
They will not change an order-you must cancel it yourself and re-order-thus you are into them for a double amount of money for the same DVD-for 21 days or longer;

Now I dont know about you, but to me this is tantamount to me LENDING the company money-which is done rather slyly, instead of upfront-and they keep the interest-you dont get a thing except frustration.
The Official HTF 'elitist' lol....
"War is God's way of teaching Americans Geography"-Ambrose Bierce

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Andy_MT

Andy_MT

Second Unit

• 486 posts

Posted May 17 2005 - 07:42 AM

and something new they're doing ...

they've recently introduced a policy of free shipping. even for international customers. sounds pretty good. except, they've increased all their prices (which if i didn't know any better works out about the cost of the shipping). so it seems as if they've removed the shipping cost and added it onto the cost of the product, but claim the shipping is free. what a great deal !

how did these jokers ever get that award ?