5. Talk
6. X&Y
7. Speed of Sound
8. A Message
9. Low
10. The Hardest Part
11. Swallowed In The Sea
12. Twisted Logic

Anyone looking forward to this as much as I am?
Parachutes was alright, a bit slow. A Rush of Blood to the Head was one of the best albums ever. Really makes me wonder how X&Y will be, they have a lot to live up to. But from what I hear so far it's pretty good.

Chris Brunner

Second Unit
Please,

If anybody comes across a link to any snippet off this new album (legal sources, of course), please post here.

I am REALLY looking forward to this album. REALLY looking forward to it!!!

Thanks,

C

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
these guys are two for two with me. love both parachutes and arobtth. i've probably listened to these albums dozens and dozens of times by now ... i have yet to grow tired of them. :emoji_thumbsup:

if they come to sac, i will definitely see them again!

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
iTunes now has the first release "Speed of Sound" for download. I've listened to it three times and really enjoy it.

I can't freakin' wait for this new album. The best musical group currently out there!!

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I read a recent article on the new CD and it stated that this is probably their best yet, with a great array of pop/rock tracks and some tunes that are expected to be included in the live shows.

Chris Brunner

Second Unit
MSN Music also has "Speed of Sound" availble for purchase in Windows Media format. Great song and the sound quality is nice too!!!

C

RichardK

Second Unit
You can listen to Speed of Sound single at Coldplay.com just sign up/in to their fan web access...Coldplay is my favorite band right now. I cant wait to add this new album to my Coldplay Ipod playlist!!! If anyone lives in the area, they are playing at the Coachella Valley Music Festival on April 30th. Check out details at Coachella Music

Post back here if you go, although there is likely a Coachella thread in this forum somewhere already i suppose. -R

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson

Have you got connections, or how do you know you can get tickets? That show is going to sell out in matter of a few minutes if not sooner. I'd like to go, but the last time that I tried to make it to a small show like that (Tool at the Riviera) it sold out in less than 3 minutes and I had to pay $300 for a scalped ticket. I like Coldplay, but there not worth $300.

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
Coldplay seems to have used some Radiohead influences on the new album. I've heard some of the songs, albeit live bootlegs from some shows they played earlier in the year. But nonetheless they sound great.
I think this is one of the most anticipated albums of the year. I still think A Rush of Blood to the Head is one of the greatest albums of all time.
Speed of Sound does sound really good. Especially turned up nice and lound on a good system. :)

Perry Jonkheer

Second Unit
No hookups here, but hopefully I'll get lucky. I don't think the concert has been talked about much so hopefully it won't be that hard to get tix.

Darren Conroy

Stunt Coordinator
I'll be looking forward to it slightly interested. I enjoyed A Rush of Blood to the Head, despite it not being the pick-me-up album I usually buy. But if they can keep the tracks distinctive and solid, like on ARoBttH, I think they may have a solid follow-up I might go for.

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
MTV (blah) has the album streaming.
http://www.mtv.com/bands/az/coldplay/896800/album.jhtml

It's not the greatest quality but I just can't wait for the album, I'm so there next Tuesday morning.

The video for Speed of Sound, while not what I thought it was going to be, nor can really any video compare to "The Scientist" it's a good video, you can probably check it out on the same MTV site.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
anyone going to the san francisco show? i got my tix via the coldplay pre-release doohickey. :emoji_thumbsup:

BrianB

Senior HTF Member

Jealous! Didn't get any in the first round (for the Dallas show), hopefully get some luck in the next draw.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
good luck brian!

just checked out the mtv stream ... it cut out about halfway but i liked what i heard. like it really matters cuz i'll *definitely* be picking this up.

the video was blah ... it was like they were testing out the stage lighting and decided to make a video out of it.

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
Mark Romanek directed Johnny Cash's "Hurt" video, among others, but I think Johnny's is his biggest one. He's a decent director, seems to be on the side of less is better when it comes to production and sets and such.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member

Got lawn seats. Not interested in paying money to be that far back, but the wife's a huge fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks