Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Coldplay - "X&Y"

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 of 58 OFFLINE   nickGreenwood

nickGreenwood

Second Unit

• 494 posts

Posted April 11 2005 - 06:06 AM

May 23rd "Speed of Sound" single comes out June 6th - "X&Y" comes out. Track listing is as follows: 1. Square One 2. What If 3. White Shadows 4. Fix You 5. Talk 6. X&Y 7. Speed of Sound 8. A Message 9. Low 10. The Hardest Part 11. Swallowed In The Sea 12. Twisted Logic Anyone looking forward to this as much as I am? Parachutes was alright, a bit slow. A Rush of Blood to the Head was one of the best albums ever. Really makes me wonder how X&Y will be, they have a lot to live up to. But from what I hear so far it's pretty good.
-Nick G.

"The number of people whose permission I need before I can do whatever the hell I want..." - Josh Lyman

#2 of 58 OFFLINE   Chris Brunner

Chris Brunner

Second Unit

• 441 posts

Posted April 11 2005 - 07:02 AM

Please,

If anybody comes across a link to any snippet off this new album (legal sources, of course), please post here.

I am REALLY looking forward to this album. REALLY looking forward to it!!!

Thanks,

C

#3 of 58 OFFLINE   Ted Lee

Ted Lee

Lead Actor

• 8,399 posts

Posted April 11 2005 - 07:41 AM

these guys are two for two with me. love both parachutes and arobtth. i've probably listened to these albums dozens and dozens of times by now ... i have yet to grow tired of them. Posted Image

if they come to sac, i will definitely see them again!

#4 of 58 OFFLINE   Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter

• 1,541 posts

Posted April 20 2005 - 03:39 AM

iTunes now has the first release "Speed of Sound" for download. I've listened to it three times and really enjoy it. I can't freakin' wait for this new album. The best musical group currently out there!!
God bless!
jeffrey noel

As we slide down the banister of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way.

#5 of 58 OFFLINE   EricSchulz

EricSchulz

Producer

• 4,536 posts

Posted April 20 2005 - 09:39 AM

I read a recent article on the new CD and it stated that this is probably their best yet, with a great array of pop/rock tracks and some tunes that are expected to be included in the live shows.

#6 of 58 OFFLINE   Chris Brunner

Chris Brunner

Second Unit

• 441 posts

Posted April 21 2005 - 02:53 AM

MSN Music also has "Speed of Sound" availble for purchase in Windows Media format. Great song and the sound quality is nice too!!! C

#7 of 58 OFFLINE   RichardK

RichardK

Second Unit

• 451 posts

Posted April 21 2005 - 10:10 AM

You can listen to Speed of Sound single at Coldplay.com just sign up/in to their fan web access...Coldplay is my favorite band right now. I cant wait to add this new album to my Coldplay Ipod playlist!!! If anyone lives in the area, they are playing at the Coachella Valley Music Festival on April 30th. Check out details at Coachella Music

Post back here if you go, although there is likely a Coachella thread in this forum somewhere already i suppose. -R

#8 of 58 OFFLINE   Perry Jonkheer

Perry Jonkheer

Second Unit

• 328 posts

Posted April 25 2005 - 03:56 PM

I'm going to their concert here in Chicago on May 6th... I absolutely cannot wait!!
Once again, the Bulls have let me down...

#9 of 58 OFFLINE   Eric Peterson

Eric Peterson

Screenwriter

• 2,959 posts

Posted April 26 2005 - 01:27 AM

Have you got connections, or how do you know you can get tickets? That show is going to sell out in matter of a few minutes if not sooner. I'd like to go, but the last time that I tried to make it to a small show like that (Tool at the Riviera) it sold out in less than 3 minutes and I had to pay $300 for a scalped ticket. I like Coldplay, but there not worth $300.

#10 of 58 OFFLINE   nickGreenwood

nickGreenwood

Second Unit

• 494 posts

Posted April 26 2005 - 01:40 AM

Coldplay seems to have used some Radiohead influences on the new album. I've heard some of the songs, albeit live bootlegs from some shows they played earlier in the year. But nonetheless they sound great.
I think this is one of the most anticipated albums of the year. I still think A Rush of Blood to the Head is one of the greatest albums of all time.
Speed of Sound does sound really good. Especially turned up nice and lound on a good system. Posted Image
-Nick G.

"The number of people whose permission I need before I can do whatever the hell I want..." - Josh Lyman

#11 of 58 OFFLINE   Perry Jonkheer

Perry Jonkheer

Second Unit

• 328 posts

Posted April 26 2005 - 02:35 AM

No hookups here, but hopefully I'll get lucky. I don't think the concert has been talked about much so hopefully it won't be that hard to get tix.
Once again, the Bulls have let me down...

#12 of 58 OFFLINE   Darren Conroy

Darren Conroy

Stunt Coordinator

• 84 posts

Posted April 27 2005 - 06:37 AM

I'll be looking forward to it slightly interested. I enjoyed A Rush of Blood to the Head, despite it not being the pick-me-up album I usually buy. But if they can keep the tracks distinctive and solid, like on ARoBttH, I think they may have a solid follow-up I might go for.
Still. Where'd the lighter fluid come from?

If you're gonna sell out better do it while you're young.

#13 of 58 OFFLINE   nickGreenwood

nickGreenwood

Second Unit

• 494 posts

Posted May 31 2005 - 06:33 AM

MTV (blah) has the album streaming.
http://www.mtv.com/b...800/album.jhtml

It's not the greatest quality but I just can't wait for the album, I'm so there next Tuesday morning.

The video for Speed of Sound, while not what I thought it was going to be, nor can really any video compare to "The Scientist" it's a good video, you can probably check it out on the same MTV site.
-Nick G.

#14 of 58 OFFLINE   Ted Lee

Ted Lee

Lead Actor

• 8,399 posts

Posted May 31 2005 - 07:21 AM

anyone going to the san francisco show? i got my tix via the coldplay pre-release doohickey. Posted Image

#15 of 58 OFFLINE   BrianB

BrianB

Producer

• 5,211 posts

Posted May 31 2005 - 07:58 AM

Jealous! Didn't get any in the first round (for the Dallas show), hopefully get some luck in the next draw.
high resolution ipod featuring dlp hd programming is the best, almost as good as playstation 2 with wega windows media on a super cd! ps2 and tivo do dolby tv with broadband hdtv!

#16 of 58 OFFLINE   Ted Lee

Ted Lee

Lead Actor

• 8,399 posts

Posted May 31 2005 - 09:00 AM

good luck brian! just checked out the mtv stream ... it cut out about halfway but i liked what i heard. like it really matters cuz i'll *definitely* be picking this up. the video was blah ... it was like they were testing out the stage lighting and decided to make a video out of it.

#17 of 58 OFFLINE   Bill GrandPre

Bill GrandPre

Screenwriter

• 2,068 posts

Posted May 31 2005 - 09:15 AM

How DARE you speak ill of a Mark Romanek-directed music video?!?!?
Don't you ever, EVER compare me to "Family Guy," you hear me Kyle? Compare me to "Family Guy" again and so help me, I will kill you where you stand!

Do you have any idea what it's like? Everywhere I go: "Hey Cartman you must like 'Family Guy,' right?" "Hey, your sense of humor reminds me of...

#18 of 58 OFFLINE   Ted Lee

Ted Lee

Lead Actor

• 8,399 posts

Posted May 31 2005 - 10:33 AM

eh...who is dat?

#19 of 58 OFFLINE   nickGreenwood

nickGreenwood

Second Unit

• 494 posts

Posted June 01 2005 - 02:21 AM

Mark Romanek directed Johnny Cash's "Hurt" video, among others, but I think Johnny's is his biggest one. He's a decent director, seems to be on the side of less is better when it comes to production and sets and such.
-Nick G.

#20 of 58 OFFLINE   BrianB

BrianB

Producer

• 5,211 posts

Posted June 01 2005 - 03:14 AM

Got lawn seats. Not interested in paying money to be that far back, but the wife's a huge fan.
high resolution ipod featuring dlp hd programming is the best, almost as good as playstation 2 with wega windows media on a super cd! ps2 and tivo do dolby tv with broadband hdtv!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users