Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Saved by the Bell S5 Cover OUTRAGE!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 of 34 OFFLINE   MattGSmith

MattGSmith

Stunt Coordinator

• 74 posts

Posted April 11 2005 - 03:10 AM

Here is the cover provided to tvshowsondvd.com
Posted Image

Elizabeth Berkley's head was cut off and replaced with Tori, Leanna Creel's face. She played Tori in 8 episodes. This is cleary seen in the following pictures. The SBTB community is up in arms about this. It's horrible. Apparently, someone knows Elizabeth Berkley, and forwarded the news to her...
Gord, are there anyways to contact Lion's Gate? Ugh! I wish I could get to the bottom of this, but what do we expect? It is Lion's Gate...

Here are the real photos:
Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 of 34 OFFLINE   Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight

Screenwriter

• 2,515 posts

Posted April 11 2005 - 03:37 AM

That makes me laugh for some reason. It does suck though.
Kyle McKnight

#3 of 34 OFFLINE   Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter

• 1,250 posts
  • LocationGuelph, Ontario - Canada

Posted April 11 2005 - 05:28 AM

I thought something was amiss. I had a feeling the cover was photoshop'd. I can't help but laugh though, only because I can't believe Lion's Gate would stoop that low. to achieve the desired image. Although I don't buy sets based on what the cover looks like, I still think it's wrong to impose someone's face on another's body, especially if there was no permission to do so. It'll be interesting to see how this unfolds.........if it does.
My DVD / Blu-ray collection:

#4 of 34 OFFLINE   Dave Regan

Dave Regan

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted April 11 2005 - 09:02 AM

Wow, the world is coming to an end.

#5 of 34 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 15,105 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted April 11 2005 - 09:57 AM

Okay, that's spooky. Right when I read Dave's post, Skeeter Davis's End of the World started on the radio. Posted Image

Carry on.

#6 of 34 ONLINE   Craig Beam

Craig Beam

Screenwriter

• 1,728 posts

Posted April 11 2005 - 05:21 PM

OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Posted Image Holy shit, that was the best laugh I've had all day.

#7 of 34 OFFLINE   Paul Sandhu

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor

• 528 posts

Posted April 11 2005 - 06:11 PM

I was looking at it and I was a little suspicious. The hair looks alright but the clothes were all wrong.

#8 of 34 OFFLINE   Ryan Wishton

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter

• 1,130 posts

Posted April 11 2005 - 07:53 PM

How is Tori even in a cast photo with all the other members? I don't remember her ever being in a same episode with Kelly and Jessie. She didn't even make the Graduation. This is kind of silly though. The cover does stink though.

#9 of 34 OFFLINE   Paul Sandhu

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor

• 528 posts

Posted April 12 2005 - 08:47 AM

They didn't really explain why Kelly or Jessie weren't there and how Torri suddenly disappeared. I wonder if they address that on this set in a featurette or something. Also... I thought there were only four seasons of Saved by the Bell... where did this fifth season come from?

#10 of 34 OFFLINE   MattGSmith

MattGSmith

Stunt Coordinator

• 74 posts

Posted April 12 2005 - 08:56 AM

Jessie and Kelly appeared in 12. They left their contracts/show after those 12. NBC was signed on for 12 additional episodes. The original cast filmed the graduation, then without Jessie and Kelly, they brought in Tori and did 12 more episodes. They originally aired twice on Saturdays. The first episode with Jessie and Kelly, and the second episode with Tori... That's all we know from Peter Engel (Exec producer). I'm a nerd when it comes to SBTB. Matt

#11 of 34 OFFLINE   Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight

Screenwriter

• 2,515 posts

Posted April 12 2005 - 10:00 AM

I'm kinda surprised this wasn't mentioned on TVShowsOnDVD.com... Maybe an update?
Kyle McKnight

#12 of 34 OFFLINE   Scott Temple

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor

• 535 posts

Posted April 12 2005 - 12:23 PM

And I very much prefer Tiffani-Amber Thiessen (Kelly Kapowski) and Elizabeth Berkley (Jesse Spano) over Leanna Creel (Tori Scott). Thiessen and Berkley were two of the best reasons to watch that show. :b
Lacey Chabert is so fetch!
My DVD, HD DVD, and Blu-ray Disc library

#13 of 34 OFFLINE   Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman

Producer

• 4,184 posts

Posted April 12 2005 - 12:41 PM

What scares me is that someone is actually outraged about a cover of Saved By the Bell.Posted Image

#14 of 34 OFFLINE   Paul Sandhu

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor

• 528 posts

Posted April 12 2005 - 02:27 PM

That quite a bit screw up..... you think they would be able to get it right seeing how simple it is.

#15 of 34 OFFLINE   John*P

John*P

Second Unit

• 419 posts

Posted April 12 2005 - 04:56 PM

I could be wrong, (someone please correct me if so) but I believe Lions Gate also superimposed Dennis Haskins' (Mr Belding) face over that of former president of NBC, Brandon Tartikoff (sp) in a SBTB group photo included inside the season 3/4 set. I think that shot was taken during the production of the "No Hope with Dope" episode. Anyway, I hope that with this set, we finally get to finish our collections of the original SBTB series on DVD. (not counting Miss Bliss) I'm not sure about the Vegas movie, tho...

#16 of 34 OFFLINE   Wezzo

Wezzo

Second Unit

• 271 posts

Posted April 13 2005 - 05:52 AM

John*P, you are correct, and that is also the case with this set.. Lion's Gate, better luck in Photoshop next time! Posted Image

#17 of 34 OFFLINE   Paul Sandhu

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor

• 528 posts

Posted April 13 2005 - 08:23 AM

I looked at the season 3/4 set and it didn't look like a scene from the "No Hope with Dope" episode.

#18 of 34 OFFLINE   Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts
  • LocationWilmington, Delaware

Posted April 13 2005 - 02:54 PM

I find the whole concept of taking someones's head and placing it onto someone else's body to be very creepy. I realize that it's just photographs they're cutting up, but I don't know, it just conjurs some pretty disgusting images in my head. If I were a bigger fan of this show, I would be pissed at this, though.

Andrew,
LOVE your signature! Posted Image I would have went with Give me OAR, or give me death! though. The word "widescreen" is too limiting and doesn't cover all of the compositional bases. Just a freindly observation, otherwise, hell yes! Posted Image
"That's Jack Bauer!!!!!! He's coming for me!!!!!" - Charles Logan

#19 of 34 OFFLINE   Dane Marvin

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter

• 1,490 posts

Posted April 13 2005 - 04:39 PM

I agree with John on this one. Since you aren't going to get "Saved by the Bell" in widescreen, may I just proceed with the killing? Posted Image

#20 of 34 OFFLINE   Tory

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-

• 1,332 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted April 13 2005 - 05:18 PM

How hard would it have been to just add her into the background so all 8 stars of the season could fit on the box?
Hungry enough to eat a turnip and call it a turkey.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users