What's new

Saved by the Bell S5 Cover OUTRAGE! (1 Viewer)

MattGSmith

Stunt Coordinator
Here is the cover provided to tvshowsondvd.com

Elizabeth Berkley's head was cut off and replaced with Tori, Leanna Creel's face. She played Tori in 8 episodes. This is cleary seen in the following pictures. The SBTB community is up in arms about this. It's horrible. Apparently, someone knows Elizabeth Berkley, and forwarded the news to her...
Gord, are there anyways to contact Lion's Gate? Ugh! I wish I could get to the bottom of this, but what do we expect? It is Lion's Gate...

Here are the real photos:

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I thought something was amiss. I had a feeling the cover was photoshop'd. I can't help but laugh though, only because I can't believe Lion's Gate would stoop that low. to achieve the desired image. Although I don't buy sets based on what the cover looks like, I still think it's wrong to impose someone's face on another's body, especially if there was no permission to do so. It'll be interesting to see how this unfolds.........if it does.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Okay, that's spooky. Right when I read Dave's post, Skeeter Davis's End of the World started on the radio. :crazy:

Carry on.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

:laugh: Holy shit, that was the best laugh I've had all day.

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor
I was looking at it and I was a little suspicious. The hair looks alright but the clothes were all wrong.

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
How is Tori even in a cast photo with all the other members?

I don't remember her ever being in a same episode with Kelly and Jessie. She didn't even make the Graduation.

This is kind of silly though. The cover does stink though.

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor

They didn't really explain why Kelly or Jessie weren't there and how Torri suddenly disappeared. I wonder if they address that on this set in a featurette or something.

Also... I thought there were only four seasons of Saved by the Bell... where did this fifth season come from?

MattGSmith

Stunt Coordinator
Jessie and Kelly appeared in 12. They left their contracts/show after those 12. NBC was signed on for 12 additional episodes. The original cast filmed the graduation, then without Jessie and Kelly, they brought in Tori and did 12 more episodes. They originally aired twice on Saturdays. The first episode with Jessie and Kelly, and the second episode with Tori... That's all we know from Peter Engel (Exec producer).

I'm a nerd when it comes to SBTB.
Matt

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor

And I very much prefer Tiffani-Amber Thiessen (Kelly Kapowski) and Elizabeth Berkley (Jesse Spano) over Leanna Creel (Tori Scott). Thiessen and Berkley were two of the best reasons to watch that show. :b

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor
That quite a bit screw up..... you think they would be able to get it right seeing how simple it is.

John*P

Second Unit
I could be wrong, (someone please correct me if so) but I believe Lions Gate also superimposed Dennis Haskins' (Mr Belding) face over that of former president of NBC, Brandon Tartikoff (sp) in a SBTB group photo included inside the season 3/4 set. I think that shot was taken during the production of the "No Hope with Dope" episode.

Anyway, I hope that with this set, we finally get to finish our collections of the original SBTB series on DVD. (not counting Miss Bliss) I'm not sure about the Vegas movie, tho...

Wezzo

Second Unit
John*P, you are correct, and that is also the case with this set.. Lion's Gate, better luck in Photoshop next time! :)

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor
I looked at the season 3/4 set and it didn't look like a scene from the "No Hope with Dope" episode.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I find the whole concept of taking someones's head and placing it onto someone else's body to be very creepy. I realize that it's just photographs they're cutting up, but I don't know, it just conjurs some pretty disgusting images in my head. If I were a bigger fan of this show, I would be pissed at this, though.

Andrew,
LOVE your signature! :) I would have went with Give me OAR, or give me death! though. The word "widescreen" is too limiting and doesn't cover all of the compositional bases. Just a freindly observation, otherwise, hell yes! :emoji_thumbsup:

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
I agree with John on this one. Since you aren't going to get "Saved by the Bell" in widescreen, may I just proceed with the killing? :)

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
How hard would it have been to just add her into the background so all 8 stars of the season could fit on the box?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks