Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Quatermass, Nightmare Man, Triffids, Dominc Hide, Invisible Man ... and MORE!!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 DavidofLondon

DavidofLondon

Stunt Coordinator

• 97 posts

Posted April 11 2005 - 03:09 AM

As I assume people will know last week all those BBC items were released on Region 2 DVD.

Very nice releases they were too IMHO. I particularly liked the excellent insert booklets written for each DVD. The Quatermass booklet having 48 pages and being the best of the bunch.

I was discussing these releases with a dealer I know at the weekend and apparently the distributors discovered an unexpected problem with these that I think is excellent news.

The problem was they entirely underestimated demand and have now shipped all items from their warehouses. They're rapidly pressing another batch.

Which left them going back to the BBC archives looking at what else they could consider. They've already planned a second release for Sep/Oct this year and are looking at including

Adam Adamant
Out of the Unknown

and more ... but what else? They're looking through the archives and are by all accounts very open to suggestions right now. So if there's BBC Cult TV you're interested in I suggest you look their details up on the DVDs and drop them a polite line requesting they consider including them.

On a related note the first thing that occurred to me was the BBC's 1954 production of Nineteen Eighty Four starring Peter Cushing. The rights to that are apparently owned by DD Video and that is already scheduled for an Autumn (Fall) release this year.

My suggestions for things they might include were

Omega Factor

and

Andromeda Breakthrough

But I'm sure you can come up with your favourites to suggest (of course several people asking for my favourite items wouldn't be too bad an idea either Posted Image )