Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

lord of the rings extended - missing trailers?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 Greg Mariotti

Greg Mariotti

Stunt Coordinator

• 73 posts

Posted April 08 2005 - 03:59 PM

Why weren't trailers, tv spots and theatrical posters included on the extended versions? I understand that they didn't want to duplicate features, but it seems silly to leave this off if these are truly the definitive versions of the films on dvd.

thanks
Greg Mariotti
www.cameroncrowe.com

#2 of 6 Bill McCamy

Bill McCamy

Second Unit

• 274 posts

Posted April 08 2005 - 05:41 PM

???

Because they were included with the theatrical versions???

???

#3 of 6 Randall Dorr

Randall Dorr

Second Unit

• 268 posts

Posted April 08 2005 - 05:47 PM

The EEs are not the definitive versions of the films. Jackson said that the theatrical cuts are his prefered cuts, and the EEs were put together for the fans.
8 Ball gave it a 9:
Yo, Martin and Will are my boys, you know what I'm saying? They make jokes I understand. The car chase is dope! I give it a 9 but I'm still 8 Ball.
-user review of Bad Boys II from Metacritic.com

guzzlefish

#4 of 6 Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson

Producer

• 5,197 posts

Posted April 08 2005 - 05:48 PM

Quote:
I understand that they didn't want to duplicate features, but it seems silly to leave this off if these are truly the definitive versions of the films on dvd.

They never claimed they were "definitive". The plan all along was not to duplicate ANYTHING, and that's what they did. Agree with it or not, you have to respect the mindset...
Colin Jacobson
http://www.dvdmg.com

#5 of 6 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,430 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted April 09 2005 - 01:00 AM

I guess you could argue too that the trailers and TV spots are for the theatrical editions (and not the EEs) so they belong on the theatrical version of the disc.

#6 of 6 Greg Mariotti

Greg Mariotti

Stunt Coordinator

• 73 posts

Posted April 09 2005 - 02:13 AM

yeah, I guess I just look at the EEs as the definitive version in terms of the making of the films. It just makes sense to me to include the marketing of the films (trailers, posters, tv spots)on there somewhere..oh well..
Greg Mariotti
www.cameroncrowe.com