Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

need help with headphones...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   KennethF

KennethF

Stunt Coordinator

• 53 posts

Posted April 07 2005 - 07:14 AM

i have a tv (toshiba 32af41), a satellite dvr (hughes hdvr2), and dvd player (sony DVPNS575P/S), in my bedroom. i also have a wife who likes to sleep, and a bulldog who snores loudly. therefore, late night watching of tv is just not particularly enjoyable with having to balance letting the wife sleep with lowered volume, and needing to raise the volume to compensate for the bulldog's oropharyngeal difficulties.

i need a set of headphones(wireless, preferably), but im unsure how to hook them up. i would prefer to not buy a receiver just for this purpose.

is there a switcher (remote-controlled) that i can hook the audio of the dvr and dvd through, that would allow me to switch from tv to headphone volume easily? if so, how would it be connected? or do i just need to bite the bullet for a receiver to act as a switcher?

thanks for the help!

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs

Executive Producer

• 16,725 posts

Posted April 08 2005 - 03:55 AM

Per what I said in the other thread...