What's new

Human Finger found in Wendy's Chili (1 Viewer)

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
I would have to seriously question this. It sounds more like a money making scam. Similar occurences happen nearly every year, and most of them are proven false. If somebody were to lose a finger in a plant, the whole place would be shut down so fast it would make your head spin.

It's either that, or a bitter employee trying to see his company hurt financially.

Where the perpetrator got the finger is another issue entirely. I wonder if it had green nail polish on it?

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
"You want a toe? Hell, I can get you a toe. I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon...with nail polish!"

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
I believe the authorities have mentioned that no fingerprint record was found for the offending finger.

David McGough

Second Unit
I have a real money maker IDEAL if I had the means.
Ill tell you and you cut me.

Make about10,000 fake rubber thumbs and put them at convience stores for $3.00.. Everybody would buy one and have some fun.
Got to do it now while its hot.. The thumbs not the chili

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Yup. It is just those dirty employees trying to get back at the boss. Corporations are such good citizens, they never do anything wrong.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
Whoah Edwin! Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed?

What exactly is wrong with my statement? Do you think employees don't do such things? If so, you are sorely mistaken, and nowhere in my statement did I give any corporation a pass. If you knew me at all, you wouldn't have even thought of saying that. I'm Mr. Anti-Corporation to the bone.

Get some more sleep!

DustinLC

Supporting Actor
All I can say is Fast Food Nation is an eye opener. I'm not finished yet but I'm sure it helped some people with their weight problem :D.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson

Yeah, that's one of the reasons that I've been putting it off. I'm not exactly a fast food junkie, but I eat far more processed food than I should. I'm worried that if I read it, I'd end up starving to death.:D

DustinLC

Supporting Actor
I would say it only affects those who are casual eater. If it's your life, you'll think twice and eat it anyway :D.

DustinLC

Supporting Actor

I am not sure people are. I'm not. It's an informative piece of writing. Don't see how it could be compared to the Bible in any shape or form.

If you or anyone would like to come forward and dispute some of the claims/informations, it would make an interesting discussion.

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton

Ever read the description of how sausage used to be made, in Upton Sinclair's "The Jungle"? Read that passage, and it's not likely you'll ever forget it completely. The worst part is, when public outcry forced authorities to investigate, they found that Sinclair was, if anything, understating the problem!

In more recent years, there was a fire in a chicken plant that caused many workers to die, because the miserable excuses for human beings who ran the factory had locked shut the fire doors! They were more concerned with the chance that a worker might run out the fire door with a chicken leg than with their workers' lives.

Or how about the nightclub fire down in Rhode Island (I think the place was called "The Station"). Cheap do-it-yourself flammable insulation + indoor pyrotechnics + no sprinklers == a huge death toll. People jammed the door trying to get out; computer simulations later indicated that the temperature inside would have gotten up to 1800 degrees within about 90 seconds. Yet some of the clubs still do not want to install sprinklers!

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson

I know about Sinclair's book and how it refined the meat packing industry, but that was 100 years ago, and don't see how that impacts this particular story.

As to your other two points, I don't see what either have to do with a finger being found in someone's chilli. Both are horrible disasters caused either by callous corporations or cheap-skate business owners, but neither have any connection to this story.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks