Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Peacemakers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 of 12 OFFLINE   ChrisCook

ChrisCook

Screenwriter

• 1,504 posts

Posted April 05 2005 - 07:00 AM

CMT has been running re-runs of this show, my question is NBC Universal likely do anything with this series on DVD?

#2 of 12 OFFLINE   Deb Walsh

Deb Walsh

Stunt Coordinator

• 210 posts

Posted April 06 2005 - 03:46 AM

What I still can't figure out is why USA Network dropped the show after the first season. Great show that deserved more episodes ...
Deb Walsh (debwalsh@aol.com)
http://www.debwalsh.com/press/

#3 of 12 OFFLINE   Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver

Lead Actor

• 9,306 posts

Posted April 06 2005 - 04:45 AM

I'm guessing relatively low ratings for a relatively expensive show - Tom Berenger had to cost a little more than the average basic-cable lead, you're shooting everything on location, you're dealing with animal handlers, you're dressing everyone in period costumes rather than stuff off the rack...
Jay's Movie Blog - A movie-viewing diary.
Transplanted Life: Sci-fi soap opera about a man placed in a new body, updated two or three times a week.
Trading Post Inn - Another gender-bending soap, with different collaborators writing different points of view.

"What? Since when was this an energy...

#4 of 12 OFFLINE   David_Blackwell

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter

• 1,435 posts

Posted April 06 2005 - 04:59 AM

Actually, Peacemakers I've heard was cancelled because the viewing audience skewed too old. The show got fine ratings, but it wasn't reaching the targeted audience for advertisers that they wanted. I would love to see this hsow on DVD.
ENTERLINE MEDIA (entertainment articles and DVD/Movie/TV show reviews)

#5 of 12 OFFLINE   ChrisCook

ChrisCook

Screenwriter

• 1,504 posts

Posted December 22 2007 - 09:04 AM

I really wish Universal would release this. Is there any chance of a DVD release in 2008?

#6 of 12 OFFLINE   ChrisCook

ChrisCook

Screenwriter

• 1,504 posts

Posted July 24 2008 - 09:47 AM

This is the only USA Network series missing from my collection. I did some searching on YouTube and found a 2003 summer promo that advertised the series premieres of "Monk", "Peacemakers", "The Dead Zone", along with A Tribute to Robert De Niro, and the U.S. Open. This is was the best summer of original (scripted) cable programming, and it only got better by the additions of "The 4400", "Psych", and "Burn Notice".

It's been five years of waiting... I would love to finally have all 8 episodes plus the 90-minute pilot uncut on DVD.

#7 of 12 OFFLINE   Mary_P

Mary_P

Second Unit

• 451 posts

Posted July 24 2008 - 11:28 AM

It's not as good as being able to own DVDs, but if you have a high-speed internet connection, you can watch all the episodes for free here:

Hulu - Peacemakers - Full Episodes streaming online for free

And I agree, I'd love to see this released on DVD. I thought it was very well done.

Mary

#8 of 12 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,935 posts

Posted July 24 2008 - 03:00 PM

I recorded all of the episodes on dvd when they originally aired on USA. Just for the fact I never thought it would be released. What was cool about the show was it showed the transition of the west from 19th century to the 20th century.
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#9 of 12 OFFLINE   ChrisCook

ChrisCook

Screenwriter

• 1,504 posts

Posted July 25 2008 - 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary_P
It's not as good as being able to own DVDs, but if you have a high-speed internet connection, you can watch all the episodes for free here:

Hulu - Peacemakers - Full Episodes streaming online for free

I've tried watching "Peacemakers" on Hulu in the past, but I kept running into problems with it.

#10 of 12 OFFLINE   ChrisCook

ChrisCook

Screenwriter

• 1,504 posts

Posted July 26 2008 - 05:15 AM

I've suggest this series to Shout! Factory before on their forum, but I thought starting a separate thread would get more attention. Please let them know of the demand for this:

Shout! Factory Community - Peacemakers starring Tom Berenger

#11 of 12 OFFLINE   ChrisCook

ChrisCook

Screenwriter

• 1,504 posts

Posted December 07 2008 - 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCook
I've suggest this series to Shout! Factory before on their forum, but I thought starting a separate thread would get more attention. Please let them know of the demand for this:

Shout! Factory Community - Peacemakers starring Tom Berenger

There has been four replies added to this thread. Is anyone else interested in this underrated cable series?

#12 of 12 OFFLINE   ChrisCook

ChrisCook

Screenwriter

• 1,504 posts

Posted July 09 2009 - 03:45 AM

A new thread has been posted.

www.shoutfactory.com/community/1973/thread.aspx

Please drop by and show your support for "Peacemakers".

Forum Nav Content I Follow