Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Outlaw's new pre/pro, the 990.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
102 replies to this topic

#101 of 103 John Menoni

John Menoni

Stunt Coordinator

• 220 posts

Posted May 21 2005 - 10:32 AM

I feel a little funny about buying things used. I have purchased almost everything for my HT on line so far but I'm afraid that the used items will be damaged in some way that I won't realize until months down the road. I always will wonder if there is some damage that is effecting the sound and I just don't realize it.

#102 of 103 Lewis Besze

Lewis Besze

Producer

• 3,134 posts

Posted May 24 2005 - 03:21 PM

Quote:
Its warmer, sonically, than the 950.
Let's hope that is only your impression,as the 950 with my polks sounds just right on, or neutral,which is what I would preffer, not more colorations. I still haven't decided if I want this piece though,the digital MC input absense is a big loss to me, I still contemplating between this and the Elite 56TXI

#103 of 103 Andy_A

Andy_A

Second Unit

• 477 posts

Posted May 24 2005 - 04:23 PM

Its warmer, sonically, than the 950.

ya'll have some magic ears if you're able to detect such minute sonic differences. I, for one, highly doubt I could hear the difference between a 950, 1066, and a 990 in a double blind listening test...

However, I'm sure I'd hear major differences in detail jumping up to a 1098 or Reference 30. Posted Image (sarcasm)