What's new

Outlaw's new pre/pro, the 990. (1 Viewer)

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Although only pictures have been released, I thought people might be interested.

I wish it were hdmi switching for possible future audio use, but as a projector guy, dvi works great at the moment. I like the new sleek look over the 950's plain look, but ymmv. Here is a thread that is somewhat vague right now over on the Outlaw forum. http://ubb.outlawaudio.com/ubb/ultim...4;t=000001;p=1

aaron campbell

Second Unit
Disappointing that Outlaw is always behind on connectivity, DVI is dead. I'm sure it's a solid product, just a shame they are late to the plate not having HDMI.

Alan M

Second Unit
From what I'm seeing at the Outlaw site,it looks like theres a new amp to(the 790)go along with the new prepro.7 channel and 300 watts per.

I'm already a happy Outlaw owner.This new prepro might make me heed the call of upgraditis:D

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Based on Outlaw's track record this could be months or even year away from being shipped to customers,so they can change things a bit by then.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
$1099 is quite a price for what it offers.
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Kevin T

Screenwriter
finally, they get rid of that tacky green button. too bad it's not hdmi switching, though. that'd make me raise an eyebrow.

kevin t

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Yeah I remember something similar before I preordered my 950 on Christmass 2001,it was shipped to me early May of 2002,so we shall see won't we?Personally it won't bother me either way, it didn't back in 02,but any improvement on their delivery time will be welcomed. I'm planning to get one.

george king

Supporting Actor
Let me say, I do not own Outlaw gear. Nor am I contemplating this as an upgrade.

However, I am constantly amazed at how much people bitch and moan about how something isnt perfect for almost no money.

You get DVI switching for two components, component video switching for 3 pieces, and balanced outputs, all for a whopping $1099.

Name me a piece that does more, for less money?

ChrisDixon

Second Unit
It's a pretty simple formula. Those that are looking for alternatives in the $1-1.5k pre-pros are very interested and optimistic. Those that already have a more expensive or recenty-purchased pre/pro are often looking for every single fault in order to justify their own equipment and its value. That said, I'm a recent Anthem AVM30 owner, and I'm fascinated by this processor. I'm not going to buy one, but I'm still anxious to see how it is reviewed and how it affects other pricing (especially in the Internet-direct world).

Chris

george king

Supporting Actor
chris,

Oh I understand the reasons well enough, it just amazes me is all. I mean how many receivers or pre/pros out there switch HDMI? What do they cost? How many people actually own a TV with HDMI inputs? DVI is far more common. Geez, at $1100 it is cheaper to upgrade the pre-pro down the line than it is the TV.

That is all.

george king

Supporting Actor
aaron,

I believe that you said

Disappointing that Outlaw is always behind on connectivity, DVI is dead. I'm sure it's a solid product, just a shame they are late to the plate not having HDMI.

That was your first post on the topic. Sounds like a complaint to me

aaron campbell

Second Unit
A complaint? Maybe, but hardly the bitching and moaning you are so amazed by. I made my statement before pricing was even discussed. I assumed this was to be a hi-end piece of gear, competing with Parasound, Anthem, etc... Guess I assumed wrong. Oh well..

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
XLR... did the 950 have XLR also? Very nice looking piece of gear! Simple layout front and rear. I like that.

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
Why would anybody want to output HDMI to a display anyway? I can see outputting a digital video signal but why audio? HDMI may be the future but it's not in prime time usage as of yet...IMO

Mort

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
HD DVD/Blu Ray is why.

Also I'm REALLY REALLY SURPRISED noone is complaining about the lack of a room correction type setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks