What's new

The Urination Shivers? (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I don't know if this happens with women, but what causes men to shiver when they urinate? If you think I'm crazy, I know of at least one other male to experience this (but he's the only one who has mentioned it).

BrionL

Stunt Coordinator
It used to happen to me when I was a little kid. I don't think I've had the shivers for at least 15 years and I'm 28 now.

Brion

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Usually at the tail end of urinating some males shiver, the same kind of shiver one has when there's a chill. I've wondered if somehow it's stimulation of the prostate...

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Could just be a natural instinct of the muscles in the area, after the warm urine passes away from the body, the void in the bladder can lose the heat. Remember that liquid is a good transfer of heat so your urine is taking heat away from the bladder and the surroundings so when you piss it out, your body's muscles in the area may trigger the shivering. Much like say when you're cold and you start shivering to generate heat.

Of course, I'm no doctor and I might be full of it. :)

Jay

DonnyD

Screenwriter
Being an older fella, I only shiver when I'm TRYING to pee...... it is only RELIEF I feel during and afterwards....:D

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
I've experienced this myself. Hmmmm (looking up at the posts above this one), must be an Asian thing. :D

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The guy I knew who mentioned it was caucasian.

Too bad, we could have had another thing along with "dry, flaky earwax." :D

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Heh, I get this too. So is it potentially an Asian-only thing?

I remember reading (or hearing) about the heat-loss thing, but given the relatively small amount of liquid involved and therefore the amoun of heat-loss, doesn't seem likely to me. Personally, I'd guess it's something like what Guo Xiong suggests about stimulation of the prostate, or something else "down there".

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Me too!

On topic-if I have to hold it for a really long time I get this too, or maybe I am confusing it with the massive joy of relief which causes me to have shivers? ;)

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray

Most likely that and the fact that the same muscles that actually cause the male orgasm might also involved....again, I'm also not a doctor but that would be my best guesstimation.
I only get them when I really have to go and I've been holding for some time.

Ron Etaylor

Second Unit
George Carlin used to do a bit about the piss shivers. I never heard of it prior to that. I might have had 'em once or twice.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
The next time I take a leak I'll check and see if I do it. Until I read this thread I never thought about it.

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
This has only happened to me a few times, and I always found it odd that it would happen at all.

I always chuckle when I see that scene in "Dumb and Dumber" when Jim Carrey gets the "pee-shivers" after peeing in those beer bottles. :laugh:

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
I have gotten the urination shivers before. Seems to me they occured when it was cold in the restroom or there was a slight breeze blowing.

J

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.