What's new

RED BULL. Anyone here drink it? (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I love this stuff. I drink it all the time and it really does help me boost my stamina at work. If I didn't get much sleep the night before, I down one and within 45 min or so, I feel refreshed. The taste took some getting used to though, but once I did I came to enjoy the taste quite a bit.

Does anyone else here drink this stuff? I also wonder if it's effects on me are merely a form of mental suggestion or if it really contains something that gives me more energy.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I've had it before, it's OK, nothing I would drink constantly though cause I find the taste OK, nothing special. It supposedly has a lot of caffeine, hence the shorterm instant "boost" you may feel by drinking it.

Jay

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Don't overdo it John, my young cousin was drinking it all the time until one day he started feeling faint and dizzy went to see his doctor and was told he had an irregular heartbeat most probably caused by drinking gallons of that stuff, he has cut down since.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
It's cool, Steve, when I said I drink it all the time I mean maybe three cans a week, if that, and it's not even every week. I don't drink it like water, I wouldn't do that, I only drink it when i'm feeling especially run-down in the morning.

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
I have a friend who likes Red Bull and Vodka. It sounds awful to me, but he loves it. I have never had it.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Red Bull's are good. I like the taste the best out of most of the energy drinks. They need a double-size can though.

I prefer:
Good taste, nice mild amp

Monster Energy: Same size as the double Rockstar, but a flippin' heart-attack in a can. I nearly went to the hospital after one of these.

...Lost Energy: too damn sweet, weak tweak.

RichardK

Second Unit
Red Bull and Vodka is good...The only time I drink Red Bull. Of course, I'll drink Vodka anytime. :D

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Huh? It's really no different than the rest of the energy drinks. Don't know why it would have such an effect on you. I love the Monster low-carb. That's what I buy when I buy energy drinks.

Red Bull tastes like crap! Bleh! I hate that stuff. I'm sure that I could get used to it after a while, but why bother when other stuff tastes better the first time?

Bawls is also very good although it's harder to find since it's not carried in the supermarkets around here.

Kenneth

Supporting Actor

Wow, I really feel like a hard core addict now :) I am not drinking Red Bull now but I was doing 2-3 a day for a while last year :crazy: I dropped the Bull for budgetary reasons (my expresso machine is a cheaper source of caffeine ;) ).

I first encountered Red Bull in the mid 90's when I was working lots of overtime in Malaysia (I was an ex-pat at the time). I found it to be good when you are getting 4 hours of sleep a night or when you have a heavy hangover.

Kenneth

Marc H

Second Unit
Never heard of it before until they took over the Jaguar F1 racing team. Was wondering what it was. Thought it might be bbq sauce for some reason.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay

:) Yeah, it does sound like it could be BBQ sauce.

As far as energy drinks/bars/gel, I'll stick to Chocolate Gu and Cytomax, myself. With the occasional clif bar.

Jay

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Never tried it, most likely never will.

Now that's the last thing anyone needs, a wide-awake drunk.

Sami Kallio

Screenwriter
Red Bull is good in moderation, like any caffeine drink. I tried other "energy drinks" when I still was a caffeine addict but none of them tasted as good as good as RB, some were quite horrible (Rockstar and Monster in particular).

Regular intake, as in daily, forget it. Your body won't like it. Exhausted body thinking it isn't, not a good thing. You need rest for a reason.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
The active ingredient in Red Bull isnt caffiene, but rather its an Amino Acid called Taurine, which has similar effects of caffiene apparently.

Adam.Heckman

Second Unit
I love the stuff.

I'm an architecture student who works 40 hours a week on top of school. So, at times I'm low on sleep, and the Red Bull is perfect. Unlike most people here, I think it tastes great. If it were cheaper and I wasn't worried about the effects, I'd drink it all the time!

But at 2 to 3 bucks for 8 oz, who can drink it all the time!?!?!

Sami Kallio

Screenwriter
At 80mg of caffeine in one can, most of the "energy" that people are referring to comes from caffeine. The original drink also has lots of sugar which gives a sudden spike of energy (that we all know is rather bad). Taurine isn't a stimulant like caffeine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks