Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

RED BULL. Anyone here drink it?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 of 21 OFFLINE   Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts
  • LocationWilmington, Delaware

Posted March 31 2005 - 11:08 AM

I love this stuff. I drink it all the time and it really does help me boost my stamina at work. If I didn't get much sleep the night before, I down one and within 45 min or so, I feel refreshed. The taste took some getting used to though, but once I did I came to enjoy the taste quite a bit. Does anyone else here drink this stuff? I also wonder if it's effects on me are merely a form of mental suggestion or if it really contains something that gives me more energy.
"That's Jack Bauer!!!!!! He's coming for me!!!!!" - Charles Logan

#2 of 21 OFFLINE   Jay H

Jay H

Producer

• 5,678 posts
  • LocationPittsfield, MA

Posted March 31 2005 - 11:11 AM

I've had it before, it's OK, nothing I would drink constantly though cause I find the taste OK, nothing special. It supposedly has a lot of caffeine, hence the shorterm instant "boost" you may feel by drinking it. Jay
You are the crispy noodle in the vegetarian salad of life

#3 of 21 OFFLINE   Steve Christou

Steve Christou

Long Member

• 14,758 posts
  • LocationLondon, England

Posted March 31 2005 - 11:22 AM

Don't overdo it John, my young cousin was drinking it all the time until one day he started feeling faint and dizzy went to see his doctor and was told he had an irregular heartbeat most probably caused by drinking gallons of that stuff, he has cut down since.

Dave hören... auf, wille stoppen sie Dave... stoppen sie Dave... Mein gehirn geht... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin ängstlich Dave... Guter Nachmittag. Ich bin ein HAL 9000 computer. Ich wurde funktionsfähig am HAL-Betrieb in Urbana, Illinois auf January 12 1992.

My DVD and Blu-ray Blog

#4 of 21 OFFLINE   Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts
  • LocationWilmington, Delaware

Posted March 31 2005 - 11:31 AM

It's cool, Steve, when I said I drink it all the time I mean maybe three cans a week, if that, and it's not even every week. I don't drink it like water, I wouldn't do that, I only drink it when i'm feeling especially run-down in the morning.
"That's Jack Bauer!!!!!! He's coming for me!!!!!" - Charles Logan

#5 of 21 OFFLINE   Josh Simpson

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor

• 926 posts

Posted March 31 2005 - 12:35 PM

I don't really love the taste all that much, but for some reason I drink it from time to time.

#6 of 21 OFFLINE   SteveA

SteveA

Supporting Actor

• 701 posts

Posted March 31 2005 - 01:22 PM

It's great with some Jaegermeister in it - the 'ole "Jaeger Bomb"!

#7 of 21 OFFLINE   Jeff_CusBlues

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor

• 605 posts

Posted April 01 2005 - 02:36 AM

I have a friend who likes Red Bull and Vodka. It sounds awful to me, but he loves it. I have never had it.

#8 of 21 OFFLINE   Zen Butler

Zen Butler

Producer

• 5,360 posts

Posted April 01 2005 - 03:18 AM

Red Bull's are good. I like the taste the best out of most of the energy drinks. They need a double-size can though.

I prefer:
Posted Image Good taste, nice mild amp

Monster Energy: Same size as the double Rockstar, but a flippin' heart-attack in a can. I nearly went to the hospital after one of these.

...Lost Energy: too damn sweet, weak tweak.

bladerunner-thumb-510x227-39115_zpse210a

#9 of 21 OFFLINE   RichardK

RichardK

Second Unit

• 451 posts

Posted April 01 2005 - 04:15 AM

Red Bull and Vodka is good...The only time I drink Red Bull. Of course, I'll drink Vodka anytime. Posted Image

#10 of 21 OFFLINE   Tim Markley

Tim Markley

Screenwriter

• 1,279 posts

Posted April 01 2005 - 05:05 AM

Huh? It's really no different than the rest of the energy drinks. Don't know why it would have such an effect on you. I love the Monster low-carb. That's what I buy when I buy energy drinks. Red Bull tastes like crap! Bleh! I hate that stuff. I'm sure that I could get used to it after a while, but why bother when other stuff tastes better the first time? Bawls is also very good although it's harder to find since it's not carried in the supermarkets around here.

#11 of 21 OFFLINE   Kenneth

Kenneth

Supporting Actor

• 761 posts

Posted April 01 2005 - 05:27 AM

Wow, I really feel like a hard core addict now Posted Image I am not drinking Red Bull now but I was doing 2-3 a day for a while last year Posted Image I dropped the Bull for budgetary reasons (my expresso machine is a cheaper source of caffeine Posted Image ).

I first encountered Red Bull in the mid 90's when I was working lots of overtime in Malaysia (I was an ex-pat at the time). I found it to be good when you are getting 4 hours of sleep a night or when you have a heavy hangover.

Kenneth

#12 of 21 OFFLINE   Marc H

Marc H

Second Unit

• 497 posts

Posted April 01 2005 - 05:35 AM

Never heard of it before until they took over the Jaguar F1 racing team. Was wondering what it was. Thought it might be bbq sauce for some reason.
-----------
Marc Hallam
Audioshop
-----------

#13 of 21 OFFLINE   Jay H

Jay H

Producer

• 5,678 posts
  • LocationPittsfield, MA

Posted April 01 2005 - 05:40 AM

Posted Image Yeah, it does sound like it could be BBQ sauce.

As far as energy drinks/bars/gel, I'll stick to Chocolate Gu and Cytomax, myself. With the occasional clif bar.

Jay
You are the crispy noodle in the vegetarian salad of life

#14 of 21 OFFLINE   Ron-P

Ron-P

Producer

• 6,285 posts

Posted April 01 2005 - 05:45 AM

Never tried it, most likely never will.
Now that's the last thing anyone needs, a wide-awake drunk.
You have all the weapons you need...Now fight!

#15 of 21 OFFLINE   Mark Paquette

Mark Paquette

Supporting Actor

• 519 posts

Posted April 01 2005 - 06:25 AM

I counldn't agree more. Posted Image

#16 of 21 OFFLINE   Sami Kallio

Sami Kallio

Screenwriter

• 1,035 posts

Posted April 01 2005 - 06:44 AM

Red Bull is good in moderation, like any caffeine drink. I tried other "energy drinks" when I still was a caffeine addict but none of them tasted as good as good as RB, some were quite horrible (Rockstar and Monster in particular). Regular intake, as in daily, forget it. Your body won't like it. Exhausted body thinking it isn't, not a good thing. You need rest for a reason.

#17 of 21 OFFLINE   Matt^Brown

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor

• 623 posts

Posted April 01 2005 - 07:34 AM

I don't like it any other way.
The Legend is better than reality!

#18 of 21 OFFLINE   NickSo

NickSo

Producer

• 4,274 posts

Posted April 01 2005 - 08:43 AM

The active ingredient in Red Bull isnt caffiene, but rather its an Amino Acid called Taurine, which has similar effects of caffiene apparently.

#19 of 21 OFFLINE   Adam.Heckman

Adam.Heckman

Second Unit

• 322 posts

Posted April 01 2005 - 08:46 AM

I love the stuff. I'm an architecture student who works 40 hours a week on top of school. So, at times I'm low on sleep, and the Red Bull is perfect. Unlike most people here, I think it tastes great. If it were cheaper and I wasn't worried about the effects, I'd drink it all the time! But at 2 to 3 bucks for 8 oz, who can drink it all the time!?!?!

#20 of 21 OFFLINE   Sami Kallio

Sami Kallio

Screenwriter

• 1,035 posts

Posted April 01 2005 - 08:59 AM

At 80mg of caffeine in one can, most of the "energy" that people are referring to comes from caffeine. The original drink also has lots of sugar which gives a sudden spike of energy (that we all know is rather bad). Taurine isn't a stimulant like caffeine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users