What's new

Velodyne DD18 (1 Viewer)

John S

Senior HTF Member
Drool...

Some would have a good argument, that it could be the best subwoofer under $5K ever made. Factor in the two massive bone crushing amps and included 8 band below 100hz EQ, and you see it is tough to beat for sure.

Had you foundation inspected recently??? :)

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
The user interface/eq is excellent, for sure. As far as sheer performance goes for the street price of roughly $3250, it is not killer. Of course, I have yet to watch any movie nor listen to any disc and feel as if something was missing, either.

John S

Senior HTF Member
You think you may actually upgrade to something else down the road there Craig Chase? :)

The latest THX Trailer up loud must be scary for you!!!

Lucky dog. :emoji_thumbsup:

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
I like that trailer ... And the Velo IS an excellent subwoofer. It does not hit as hard as the twin Maestros, but it gets the job done.

As for upgrading ... I may ADD another sub to the equation ... :)

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member

Wow - great pic, Steve. They all look really cool lined up like that. Glad you are enjoying them - that's what matters the most. :emoji_thumbsup:

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
I have been hoping for a review on the Kenwood SW-35HT Ed. Maybe your platter will free up soon and you'll be able to take this Monster on??:) I borrowed this thing about 6 months ago and I still haven't returned it. Talk about a bass!:D

Thanks Ed.:emoji_thumbsup:

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Did you guys know the PB12-Ultra/2 comes in a sock now?? It's absolutely GORGES! No not the sock but the sub.

No white gloves says the sub Nazi.

Having a little fun with my new toy:b

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
I wasn't prepared for that link to be posted ilkka, so I shut it down:frowning:

Better than ever. It's well documented that Cherry adds to the acoustical value over the textured application. :D

Ilkka R

Second Unit
Real Name
Ilkka
Oh, I'm truly sorry about that. I thought everyone knew how to get there, so posting that link wouldn't harm anyone. Apparently I was wrong. :frowning:

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
That White sock is vintage Sound Art China packaging ... You should see Bird's Eye Maple Red 3's come out of its sock ... one of the best looking speakers I have ever seen.

Steve, After all this, you better open a thread.

And Matthew (AKA the original poster) ... If there is something you want to ask about the DD-18, chime in. Afterall, this is YOUR thread ... :) ... We just hi-jacked it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks