What's new

How to uninstall, install? (1 Viewer)

Adrian P

Stunt Coordinator
I have a 1998 Acura Integra GSR with a Clarion head unit that I need to uninstall. I am replacing it with the Pioneer DEH-P7700MP. Do I need any special tools to uninstall or install? Can anyone recommend a website that had decent instructions (specifically for a 98 Integra)?

Thanks in advance,

Adrian P

Dean_S

Second Unit
You will need the special tool from Clarion to remove it and then you will need to remove the mounting sleeve for the clarion. You will need to cut the Clarion wiring harness off and replace it with the Pioneer Harness. Install the Pioneer mounting sleeve. Not hard if you know what you are doing.

Steve Rabbit

Agent
I've always been a fan of www.installdr.com.

but it's geared for how to take a stock radio out.

the fact is, to replace an aftermarket radio with another aftermarket radio is cake. If you dont want to buy the tool, all you have to do is drive around to an install bay somewhere (we always used best buy) and walk in and say "can I borrow your clarion keys for like two minutes? I'd like to pull out the radio for a second". It shouldnt be hard to find a place that'll let you pull your radio.

to remove the clarion, youll tkae the two keys and insert them around the sides of the radio, between the radio and the metal cage. youll hear them click into place. than you cna pull on them to remove the radio. youll have to remove the trim around the side of the radio to access the spot.

Once its out, you can use a pick, an awl, a screwdriver, anything to remove the tabs around the clarion cage, and pull it out. the pioneer cage will be almost identical (you do need it, though, the clarion wont work.) then bend the tabs back where they will hold hte radio in place.

your new pioneer will simply click into place. and every pioneer radio will come supplied with pioneer keys, so youll never have to worry about borrowing a set of keys again.

dont forget to plug in the wiring harness in back for the new radio, and test it before finishing the physical install :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks