What's new

Stargate Atlantis pilot, will it be part of season one too? (1 Viewer)

Stephen Heath

Stunt Coordinator
I just saw on tvshowsondvd.com that they have announced the pilot episode of Stargate: Atlantis as a standalone disk for a whopping $26! I didn't bother watching it because I figured it would come out on DVD and I'd just watch the series that way, but I don't want to shell out that kind of money only to have it come free when I wind up buying season one.

So my question is, does anyone know if the pilot will be included as part of the S1 DVD?

Steve.

Stephen Heath

Stunt Coordinator
Thank you kindly then! Hope it doesn't backfire as a lot of people who don't realize it will be on the season set pay a premium for it.

Adam*M

Stunt Coordinator
They did the same thing several years ago when Stargate SG-1 came out. It was just the first few episodes on a single DVD, then they came out with a full season set (including that same disc) later on.

In region 2, the first Atlantis disc is already out (with the first 4 episodes instead of just two) and the next volumes are coming out at the rate of one per month. They always release the single discs there before the full sets, probably to gouge the people who can't wait.

At least this time region 2 is only months ahead on Stargate releases, instead of the years we waited for SG-1.

DavidofLondon

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah I saw the Region 2 disks for the first four episodes of Atlantis (and season 8 episodes 1-4 of SG-1) at the weekend. But I'll wait for the season sets to come out as they're less than half the price of buying the episodes four at a time.

In fact last year for season 7 I ended up getting the R1 season set as although by the time the R1 season was out all the episodes had been released in DVDs four at a time (with a final 2 episode DVD) in R2 the R2 season set didn't come out until this month.

It looks like they're doing the same this year with the episodes coming out at four a month between now and Oct, but the season set not scheduled until next year sometime. So I'll probably go R1 again.

Tom_mkfty

Stunt Coordinator
Sometimes I think both Stargate series is made more to sell the DVDs than to watch TV.

I did not start this Stargate thread, but I started the other one. I did not see this thread until now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks