What's new

I hope Stargate ends with a bang, and soon. (1 Viewer)

Tom_mkfty

Stunt Coordinator
I hope there will be a concluding episode, soon in the form of a movie. Next year will be the tenth year.

Mark Silver

Stunt Coordinator
Frank, you are correct. The ninth season will start in July. Tom why would you want the show to end ??? It is still good and keeps reinventing itself. I don't want it to end until it starts to stink. That could be this year when Richard Dean Anderson does not return and Amanda Tapping misses half the season, but I will give it a chance first.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Personally, I'm very much looking forward to Ben Browder being a regular next season. I'm going to be interested to see how he plays it.

Jason

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

She should only be out the first 5 episodes of the season thanks to the way the shooting schedule is structured.

I don't understand why they replaced RDA with Beau Bridges instead of bringing back Don Davis as General Hammond? Sure it would have been a demotion for the character, but I think the fans would have appreciated it more than a totally new character.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Beau Bridges?

It will be great to seen Ben Browder and Claudia Black back on the screen again.

Tom_mkfty

Stunt Coordinator
Not all series end with a concluding episode. I hope Stargate does have a concluding episode when it eventually ends.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

You can count on this. TPTB are really good with continuity, so I'm sure they have mapped out what would happen if SG-1 isn't renewed for a tenth season.

Mark Silver

Stunt Coordinator
David don't be so sure about that......They never expected the series to go this long. They originally intended it transition it into a movie franchise. The first movie was turned into Season Seven's season finale. There is an interview on gateworld.net somewhere, where the creators had a meeting and said something to the effect of "*&!@# we got renewed again and killed all the bad guys off, now what?"

Tom_mkfty

Stunt Coordinator
That is why I want the series to end with a bang, not a fizzle.

A "bang," means the series ends with a concluding episode.

A "fizzle," means the series ends without a concluding episode.

Tom_mkfty

Stunt Coordinator
The season DVDs are quite expensive.

Which entire seasons are worth collecting?

I managed to buy *individual* DVDs.

Which episodes are essential?

david_hu

Stunt Coordinator
Season eight of Stargate has been a true shocker. The people writing the current seasons aren't up to the job and would struggle to get a job on any other show.
Richard Dean Anderson has been bored with the show for the past three seasons at least- and it shows.
The once military hero with the dry sense of humour has become nothing more than a dumb Homer Simpson wannabbe in the last few seasons.
I don't hold out much hope of the show going past the nineth year unless they sack alot of the people running the show behind the scenes. They're totally out of puff- creatively.

Tom_mkfty

Stunt Coordinator
I think I will start with the seventh season.

Do all seasons end with a cliffhanger to the next season?

Tom_mkfty

Stunt Coordinator
Season 1 & 2 ended with cliffhangers.

Kevin, I assume you mean season 8.

Do season 7 & 8 begin with cliffhangers from the previous seasons?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Season six was a possible series finale, and it wasn't really a cliffhanger ending I don't believe. Not everything was wrapped up, though, and season seven did continue with some of the important issues that had been left over. It wasn't a true cliffhanger, however. Season 7 definitely ended on a cliffhanger.

Tom_mkfty

Stunt Coordinator
Thank you. I just bought season 7. I will take my time watching it.

I don't think season 8 will be released for quite sometime.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Season 8 isn't until October, so it's quite a wait. I will say that it took me a long time to get through season 7, as it wasn't my favorite. Seasons 1 through 6, I probably watched in a little less than 132 days (meaning, there are 132 episodes by epguides.com's count, and I watched at least one episode a night straight through, buying the next set before I was finished with the prior). I bought season 7 the day it came out last October, and just finished it a couple of weeks ago.

To be fair, I had other things going on, so I didn't have as much time to watch Stargate. There are some pretty good episodes in the lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks