Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

I hope Stargate ends with a bang, and soon.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
63 replies to this topic

#1 of 64 Tom_mkfty

Tom_mkfty

Stunt Coordinator

• 219 posts

Posted March 27 2005 - 05:03 PM

I hope there will be a concluding episode, soon in the form of a movie. Next year will be the tenth year.

#2 of 64 Frank Anderson

Frank Anderson

Screenwriter

• 2,670 posts

Posted March 27 2005 - 08:10 PM

I thought next year (this summer) was their ninth?

Posted Image

#3 of 64 Mark Silver

Mark Silver

Stunt Coordinator

• 170 posts

Posted March 27 2005 - 11:27 PM

Frank, you are correct. The ninth season will start in July. Tom why would you want the show to end ??? It is still good and keeps reinventing itself. I don't want it to end until it starts to stink. That could be this year when Richard Dean Anderson does not return and Amanda Tapping misses half the season, but I will give it a chance first.

#4 of 64 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

Producer

• 4,119 posts

Posted March 28 2005 - 04:13 AM

Personally, I'm very much looking forward to Ben Browder being a regular next season. I'm going to be interested to see how he plays it.

Jason

#5 of 64 David Williams

David Williams

Screenwriter

• 2,290 posts

Posted March 28 2005 - 06:30 AM

Quote:
Amanda Tapping misses half the season

She should only be out the first 5 episodes of the season thanks to the way the shooting schedule is structured.

I don't understand why they replaced RDA with Beau Bridges instead of bringing back Don Davis as General Hammond? Sure it would have been a demotion for the character, but I think the fans would have appreciated it more than a totally new character.
"Only two things are infinite––the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe." ––Albert Einstein

#6 of 64 Kevin Hewell

Kevin Hewell

Screenwriter

• 1,930 posts

Posted March 28 2005 - 08:16 AM

Beau Bridges?

It will be great to seen Ben Browder and Claudia Black back on the screen again.

#7 of 64 Tom_mkfty

Tom_mkfty

Stunt Coordinator

• 219 posts

Posted March 28 2005 - 01:31 PM

Not all series end with a concluding episode. I hope Stargate does have a concluding episode when it eventually ends.

#8 of 64 David Williams

David Williams

Screenwriter

• 2,290 posts

Posted March 28 2005 - 06:25 PM

Quote:
Beau Bridges?

Beau Bridges' character, General Hank Landry, will be the new CO of Stargate Command in the 9th season and can be seen in the teaser for Season 9 that aired with the season finale. From Gateworld.net:

"Landry, who is hand-picked by Jack O'Neill to be the new commander of the S.G.C. when Jack is promoted to head the Department of Homeworld Security. (The fate of General Hammond, who held that position in Season Eight, is yet unknown.) Bridges will be a series regular, and will also cross over to do a few guest appearances on Stargate Atlantis."

Quote:
I hope Stargate does have a concluding episode when it eventually ends.

You can count on this. TPTB are really good with continuity, so I'm sure they have mapped out what would happen if SG-1 isn't renewed for a tenth season.
"Only two things are infinite––the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe." ––Albert Einstein

#9 of 64 Mark Silver

Mark Silver

Stunt Coordinator

• 170 posts

Posted March 29 2005 - 12:35 AM

David don't be so sure about that......They never expected the series to go this long. They originally intended it transition it into a movie franchise. The first movie was turned into Season Seven's season finale. There is an interview on gateworld.net somewhere, where the creators had a meeting and said something to the effect of "*&!@# we got renewed again and killed all the bad guys off, now what?"

#10 of 64 Tom_mkfty

Tom_mkfty

Stunt Coordinator

• 219 posts

Posted March 29 2005 - 08:24 AM

That is why I want the series to end with a bang, not a fizzle.

A "bang," means the series ends with a concluding episode.

A "fizzle," means the series ends without a concluding episode.

#11 of 64 Tom_mkfty

Tom_mkfty

Stunt Coordinator

• 219 posts

Posted March 29 2005 - 08:29 AM

The season DVDs are quite expensive.

Which entire seasons are worth collecting?

I managed to buy *individual* DVDs.

Which episodes are essential?

#12 of 64 David Williams

David Williams

Screenwriter

• 2,290 posts

Posted March 29 2005 - 08:40 AM

Quote:
There is an interview on gateworld.net somewhere, where the creators had a meeting and said something to the effect of "*&!@# we got renewed again and killed all the bad guys off, now what?"

Yeah, but the new word is is that they've come up with a new enemy who is supposed to "kick the Goa'uld AND Replicators' butts. We're going to have our hands full." (Exec. Producer Joseph Mallozi) Hyperbole aside, it sounds like they've thought it through somewhat already.

S9 is supposed to be all about the Ancients now that the Goa'uld are pretty much done in.

#13 of 64 david_hu

david_hu

Stunt Coordinator

• 91 posts

Posted March 29 2005 - 10:36 AM

Season eight of Stargate has been a true shocker. The people writing the current seasons aren't up to the job and would struggle to get a job on any other show.
Richard Dean Anderson has been bored with the show for the past three seasons at least- and it shows.
The once military hero with the dry sense of humour has become nothing more than a dumb Homer Simpson wannabbe in the last few seasons.
I don't hold out much hope of the show going past the nineth year unless they sack alot of the people running the show behind the scenes. They're totally out of puff- creatively.

#14 of 64 Tom_mkfty

Tom_mkfty

Stunt Coordinator

• 219 posts

Posted March 29 2005 - 12:55 PM

I think I will start with the seventh season.

Do all seasons end with a cliffhanger to the next season?

#15 of 64 Tom_mkfty

Tom_mkfty

Stunt Coordinator

• 219 posts

Posted March 29 2005 - 01:22 PM

Here is a good source for a new Stargate series. but just a mini-series.

http://images.search....=FP-pull-web-t

#16 of 64 Kevin Hewell

Kevin Hewell

Screenwriter

• 1,930 posts

Posted March 29 2005 - 04:04 PM

Quote:
Do all seasons end with a cliffhanger to the next season?

The season that just ended didn't end with a cliffhanger.

#17 of 64 Tom_mkfty

Tom_mkfty

Stunt Coordinator

• 219 posts

Posted March 29 2005 - 05:21 PM

Season 1 & 2 ended with cliffhangers.

Kevin, I assume you mean season 8.

Do season 7 & 8 begin with cliffhangers from the previous seasons?

#18 of 64 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,836 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted March 29 2005 - 05:29 PM

Season six was a possible series finale, and it wasn't really a cliffhanger ending I don't believe. Not everything was wrapped up, though, and season seven did continue with some of the important issues that had been left over. It wasn't a true cliffhanger, however. Season 7 definitely ended on a cliffhanger.

#19 of 64 Tom_mkfty

Tom_mkfty

Stunt Coordinator

• 219 posts

Posted March 29 2005 - 05:36 PM

Thank you. I just bought season 7. I will take my time watching it.

I don't think season 8 will be released for quite sometime.

#20 of 64 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,836 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted March 29 2005 - 05:56 PM

Season 8 isn't until October, so it's quite a wait. I will say that it took me a long time to get through season 7, as it wasn't my favorite. Seasons 1 through 6, I probably watched in a little less than 132 days (meaning, there are 132 episodes by epguides.com's count, and I watched at least one episode a night straight through, buying the next set before I was finished with the prior). I bought season 7 the day it came out last October, and just finished it a couple of weeks ago.

To be fair, I had other things going on, so I didn't have as much time to watch Stargate. There are some pretty good episodes in the lot.

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow