-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Grey's Anatomy ongoing thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
93 replies to this topic

#1 of 94 Raasean Asaad

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor

• 962 posts

Posted March 27 2005 - 02:54 PM

Welcome to the Game

Anybody watch this one? I thought it was pretty good, Isaiah Washington was very good in the Andre Braugher Det. Pembleton type character role. If they tone down the romance and maybe the voiceovers a bit and I think it will shine.
Good lord, there's nothing worse than the foul stench of desperation when someone wants to be famous.

- Luis Esp

#2 of 94 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,665 posts

Posted March 27 2005 - 03:01 PM

I thought it was okay, though cliched in spots. Not crazy about the reveal regarding Grey's mom, a bit sad.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#3 of 94 pitchman

pitchman

Screenwriter

• 1,835 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MO

Posted March 28 2005 - 12:23 AM

Yeah, it was just okay for me, too. My wife seemed to enjoy it pretty well, but she is much more into medical dramas than I am. My biggest problem is that I think the lead (meredith Grey) is the least interesting character of the bunch. I guess as long as the program is called "Grey's Anatomy" she will have to be front and center, but I think this program would be better served by a true ensemble format. The highlight for me was when Catherine Heigel introduced herself as Isabel Stevens. Her Roswell character was also named Isabel, albeit Isabel Evans.
Gary

#4 of 94 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,665 posts

Posted March 28 2005 - 12:26 AM

Yes, let's hope we find out that Izzy is still an alien, even on this show. Posted Image

#5 of 94 Jason Walstrom

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor

• 808 posts

Posted March 28 2005 - 01:20 AM

definitely get rid of the voiceover. It seemed intrusive, and reminded me of another show that happened to come on right before it.
Nowhere In Mulberry~The Weekly Podcast Commentary of Film, Television and Pop Culture! iTunes

#6 of 94 Chris

Chris

Lead Actor

• 6,790 posts

Posted March 28 2005 - 01:54 AM

Better then I thought it would be.
My Current DVD-Profiler

"I've been Ostrafied!" - Christopher, Sopranos 5/6/07

#7 of 94 Robin Warren

Robin Warren

Second Unit

• 337 posts

Posted March 28 2005 - 03:12 AM

Why would a surgical resident freeze up due to a patient having a grand mal seizure, and then subequently vomit all over the street? Have they never been in a hospital before? These aren't green rookies here, they are surgical residents. Too many cliche's here, but I am willing to give it another shot next week. Maybe they will act like Doctors soon.

#8 of 94 LanieParker

LanieParker

Supporting Actor

• 735 posts

Posted March 28 2005 - 05:07 AM

I watched this only because Katherine Heigle was on. Much to my suprise, Patrick Dempsey was on it. I thought it was okay. I'm not really a fan of medical dramas, but I am willing to watch again to see if it keeps me interested.

I agree that the main character, Grey, was not all that interesting. She just didn't draw me in like the goofy guy who was hitting on her and later froze up during surgery did. I thought his character seemed to have the most interesting story so far.

All in all, it was decent, but I'll wait till next episode to decide for sure if I am sticking with it.

#9 of 94 Nate Anderson

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter

• 1,153 posts

Posted March 28 2005 - 05:22 AM

Quote:
definitely get rid of the voiceover. It seemed intrusive, and reminded me of another show that happened to come on right before it.

Actually it reminded me of a more serious Scrubs.

All together a pretty nice start though.
My Extensive DVD collection.

Shameless Webpage Plug: My Movie Reviews.

#10 of 94 Ken Chan

Ken Chan

Producer

• 3,302 posts

Posted March 28 2005 - 10:04 AM

Quote:
Why would a surgical resident freeze up due to a patient having a grand mal seizure, and then subequently vomit all over the street? Have they never been in a hospital before?
No, they're surgical interns. Some line at the beginning about not being in school anymore. Supposedly, this is a "seven year" internship, which I guess would actually be internship plus residency. Still pretty long, more of a hope of how many seasons they get.

#11 of 94 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,665 posts

Posted March 28 2005 - 11:33 AM

Don't quote me on this, but from watching ER, I think it goes:

Student
Intern
Resident
Attending

I think this show deals with the interns that just got out of med school, and are working in a hospital full-time now.

#12 of 94 Thomas H G

Thomas H G

Screenwriter

• 1,034 posts

Posted March 28 2005 - 01:03 PM

Decent episode. I think I might try to catch it next week to see where it goes.
My Collection at DVD Aficiando

boogieman187 on XBL

#13 of 94 Robin Warren

Robin Warren

Second Unit

• 337 posts

Posted March 28 2005 - 01:24 PM

So a guy right out of school cuts into a guys stomach and performs surgery? Wild stuff. You are right though, just watched the show again (TIVO'd for the wife) and they are surgical interns. My bad.

#14 of 94 Chris

Chris

Lead Actor

• 6,790 posts

Posted March 28 2005 - 02:11 PM

What will be interesting is that since the show is primarily focused around one intern (Grey) it has a more wider birth for how it progresses, or it could be a pretty confining fact.. all depends on how it's played I suppose.
My Current DVD-Profiler

#15 of 94 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,665 posts

Posted April 03 2005 - 03:02 PM

4/3/05

I sort of liked the self-effacing humor from the Meredith's day with a penis (severed from a rapist when his victim bit it off - you go, girl!)

Will Izzy get into trouble for sewing up the illegal Asian alien?

Ellen Pompeo has a high likeabilty factor that shined through in this second episode.

Sandra Oh's Christina was more of the acerbic characters she's played in supporting fashion, or she's growing on me.

I don't understand how George got through med school. He seems so naive about everything.

Anyhow, the politics of the different levels in a hospital have had its groundwork laid with this episode.

#16 of 94 Chris

Chris

Lead Actor

• 6,790 posts

Posted April 03 2005 - 03:07 PM

I really like the way this show it setup; a central premise of a character (Grey) and a follow through of the workings of a hospital.. there isn't an emergency every thirty seconds setup; I loved it when Sandra Oh asked about "how can we get by with so many people getting well?"

The acting in the show is, IMHO, very good. This is a show that is growing on me.
My Current DVD-Profiler

#17 of 94 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,665 posts

Posted April 03 2005 - 03:11 PM

What I didn't like were all the frequent commercial breaks whenever a medical crisis was encountered.

#18 of 94 Henry C

Henry C

Stunt Coordinator

• 155 posts

Posted April 03 2005 - 06:45 PM

I started watching because of Ellen Pompeo, who I really liked in Moonlight Mile. So far it seems pretty promising, but we'll see if the quality holds up.
"You cannot make an omelet without breaking an egg, every cook will tell you that!

But look what happened to the cook!!"

#19 of 94 LanieParker

LanieParker

Supporting Actor

• 735 posts

Posted April 04 2005 - 01:13 AM

I really enjoyed last night's episode. I thought it was much better than the pilot. I was laughing so hard and really just enjoyed the characters much better this time around. I love Susan Oh and Patrick Dempsey in this show.

It's definitely got my attention now.

#20 of 94 Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,665 posts

Posted April 04 2005 - 01:42 AM

Don't know why, but I got a big laugh out of Meredith quizzing potential roommates on bands from the 1980's. The utter disgust she had for those who didn't know any bands from that decade was funny to me.

Forum Nav Content I Follow