Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Peter Green Fleetwood Mac

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,468 posts

Posted March 27 2005 - 05:20 AM

I just rediscovered my box set of Fleetwood Mac-25 years The Chain that was released in 1992.

Disc 4 contains the early works with Peter Green. I was always bothered that this did not include "Oh Well" part 2. I did a search to find a CD with both parts last night and found an import on Amazon, Peter Green Fleetwood Mac came up. Had all the early stuff in there. Is this a pretty easy disc to find at my local Tower Records or is it pretty hard to find? I'll look Monday, but was curious if it's any good or if there are other CD's that contain this material. Thanks!

Nelson

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Rachael B

Rachael B

Producer

• 4,637 posts

Posted March 27 2005 - 03:19 PM

I can't answer your question. However, I brought one. Have you heard THE BIGGEST THING SINCE COLOSSUS by Otis Spann with Fleetwood Mac? It's killer blues IMO, although they used Spann's drummer in place of Mick. Otis apparenly couldn't connect with him... The whole thang so very well displays Green's get-tar. Poor Otis fell dead from a heart attack a few months later. His last album was certainly an intresting one.Posted Image
Rachael, the big disc cat is in real life Dot Mongur, Champion of the International Pacman Federation. You better be ready to rumble if you play Jr. Pacman with me. This is full contact Pacman and I don't just play the game, I operate it!

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Charlie-W

Charlie-W

Extra

• 22 posts

Posted April 06 2005 - 07:18 AM

Nelson,

I know what you're talking about- I can't hear "Oh Well Part 1" without "part 2". It sounds like you're stopping in the middle of the song! Kind of like hearing Traffic's "Glad" without "Freedom Rider".

Anyway, I'm not home or I would check, but I'm pretty sure the domestic version of "Then Play On" CD has both parts, even though it's not clear from this page-

http://www.amazon.co....116510-0383040

I'll check tonite and let you know.

-Charlie

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Tom McDonald

Tom McDonald

Stunt Coordinator

• 90 posts

Posted April 07 2005 - 01:19 AM

Check your local FYE I found it there, pick up the Peter Green dvd while your there it is awesome.
Tommc

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Larry Geller

Larry Geller

Supporting Actor

• 562 posts

Posted April 07 2005 - 05:04 AM

Quote:
Anyway, I'm not home or I would check, but I'm pretty sure the domestic version of "Then Play On" CD has both parts, even though it's not clear from this page-
It's on there, all right, but it's in mono & sounds awful (as does the rest of the CD).Posted Image
Mmmm, snout!-Homer Simpson