What's new

The Man Called Flintstone (1 Viewer)

Scott Hamilton

Stunt Coordinator
I am curious since I have looked everywhere for reviews about the release tomorrow which I found none.

The release is in Full Screen 1.33 yet the cover says "The Original 1966 Theatrical Release" Was it made this way?

I looked on imdb and all that is listed 35mm.

MattHR

Screenwriter
I thought the release was postponed to an unannounced date.
I don't know if a reason was ever given.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I included it in this week's Weekly RoundUp over in Coupons & Bargains...but, admittedly, it was "hit & miss" on several of my usual sites for sources. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was pushed back.

ChrisPearson

Second Unit
It's definitely out today. DVDSoon shipped my copy last week. I too would like to know if it's OAR. If not, back it goes...

Speaking of the Flintstones, has anyone seen any reviews of S3 apart from the one at DVDTalk? That one suggests there are no commentaries this time round – a great shame if true since I found the commentaries on S2 very informative and entertaining.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
A Man Called Flintstone was an animated feature film that came out in theatres in 1966 after the weekly The Flintstones series was cancelled after 6 years. I saw it on local TV on a Sunday afternoon in the early 1980s. It was basically a parody on the popular spy craze of the time, when Fred becomes entangled in an espionage plot. A failure at the box office, fans of the show rejected it along with the critics.

Joshua Lane

Second Unit

That's odd, because Warner removed it from their schedule some time ago. My guess is that some copies made it out before they were recalled.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I thought it WAS being pushed back till today??

Wasn't it originally due for release some time ago becuase my local retailer still has this listed as coming out today and I was planning on picking it up...

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

I'm working on my review - gonna take me a while to wade through it. Definitely no commentaries, though - not much in the way of extras at all... :thumbsdown:

Terry Hickey

Second Unit
Real Name
Terry Hickey
I was unable to find it today at Best Buy, Suncoast, Borders or Target. I almost didn't get Flintstones Season 3 while I was at Best Buy, but asked a clerk where they were since the self slot had the sale sticker but not discs. He said they must have been pulled, but finally he came back with at least 12 sets, very strange. I asked him if they had "The Man called Flintstone" back in storage also, but he checked in the computer and said there were none and probably would never get any, that it would only be available on-line. So I don't know if it was released today or if it will ever be stocked.

ChrisPearson

Second Unit
I received my copy of The Man Called Flintstone yesterday. It's in 4:3, and there's the usual Warner note on the back of the keepcase confirming that OAR has been respected. A quick preview of the disc didn't suggest anything to dispute this (ie, it didn't look cropped). From what I saw, I can say the transfer looked rather good, more than acceptable. Sadly, there are no extras, not even a trailer.

Very strange to see Fred and Barney fully animated btw, as well as backed by a proper movie score (by jazz great Marty Paitch) instead of the more familiar Hoyt Curtin TV cues.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Ok, so we've got one person who received a copy from "DVDSoon" (which I've never ordered from), and no one has seen it in any stores. Is that correct?

I'd love to hear if anyone actually receives a copy from an online store like Amazon (which I will order from). Please let me know if you do, because according to their website it's not being shipped in that usual "24 hour" manner that current releases are.

Gary "although this film wasn't anywhere near a favorite for me, I'd like to purchase it just for the nostalgia value, but I'd prefer to go with Amazon, Overstock, or DDD (which doesn't show it available at all)" O.

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
I pre-ordered both "Flintstones Volume 3" and "The Man Called Flintstone" from Amazon.com back on January 4th. Because I chose the "Free Super Saving Shipping" option with my order, I have to wait for it to ship after it has been released. It's suppose to ship today from Amazon.com. I hope so because I am anxious to get them both.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Greg, that's strange because I pre-ordered a copy of "Flintstones Season 3" from Amazon, using the same super-saver shipping, and received my set today! I didn't order "Man Called Flintstone" from them only because of all the confusion about the release date. But I did get my copy of Season 3 today.

Gary "the mystery surrounding this dvd has been the strangest thing" O.

Paul Pro

Stunt Coordinator

Well I got mine today at my local Wal-Mart. I almost missed it because it was stocked in the general "new releases" section instead of "Kid's New releases" (where Flintstones Season 3 was.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks