Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Perfect "family" casting

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Don Giro

Don Giro

Supporting Actor

• 830 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted March 21 2005 - 01:07 AM

As I was watching "First Daughter" about a week ago, I was awestruck at how much Katie Holmes resembles Margaret Colin, the actress who played her mother in the film (Michael Keaton as her presidential dad...eh...not so much). While it's rather easy to point out miscast "family members," (I'm sure Angelina Jolie and Colin Farrell as mother and son in ALEXANDER immediately springs to mind), can anyone think of other films where you could actually BELIEVE the cast was a real family?
When she embraces, your heart turns to stone
She comes at night, when you're all alone
And when she whispers, your blood shall run cold
You'd better hide before she finds you...

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Matt Pasant

Matt Pasant

Second Unit

• 495 posts

Posted March 21 2005 - 08:25 AM

On Golden Pond?

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Haggai

Haggai

Producer

• 3,883 posts

Posted March 21 2005 - 08:40 AM

David Wenham and Sean Bean are very believable as brothers in Lord of the Rings, especially in the extra Osgiliath flashback scene of the extended edition Two Towers DVD.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Ray H

Ray H

Producer

• 3,481 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted March 21 2005 - 10:03 AM

I thought Aidan Quinn looked like a good fit for Anthony Hopkins' son in Legends of the Fall.

And although they pointed out that they didn't look alike in the film, I thought Owen Wilson looked like Bill Murray (similar profiles) in The Life Aquatic. Posted Image
"Here's looking at you, kid."

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   AlexCremers

AlexCremers

Second Unit

• 432 posts

Posted March 21 2005 - 08:51 PM

Not so much by their physical appearances but I truly 'believed' the family as portrayed in 'E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial'. To me "perfect casting" also means that the chemistry between the members of the family has to be right. Physical resemblance only will get you so far. ------------ Alex Cremers

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   PeterTHX

PeterTHX

Screenwriter

• 2,034 posts

Posted March 22 2005 - 12:09 AM

"On Golden Pond" Posted Image

Well, what about "Wall Street" then?

Or "It Runs in the Family"???

TV has it better.

The "Alias" family, Jennifer Garner being the daughter of Lena Olin & Victor Garber is perfect. Mia Maestro as her half-sister is also believable.

David Hyde-Pierce as Kelsey Grammer's brother is uncanny.

The day casting agents decide to cast Leelee Sobieski as Helen Hunt's younger sister will be an easy one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users