What's new

XM Audio Dropouts (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Are other people getting audio dropouts on the baseball channels? I don't get any dropouts on lower number channels.

Crawdaddy

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
The only dropouts I ever get are sinal loss from being under a bridge...

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
I occasionally get dropouts when listening to the radio broadcasts. I also get them when listening to the talk shows on channel 175. I live in Fort Wayne, Indiana and listen in my car between 7:00 and 7:30 AM and 4:30 and 5:00 AM. I listen more on the weekends when driving. The dropouts are very infrequent but happen occasionally.

RomanSohor

Second Unit
I notice that for some reason sometimes I have an easier time tuning in either lower or higher number channels, depending on my location. In my house, I can get Channels 6-9 with no problem with my antenna basically just sitting on a shelf on the wall opposite the window, but to get 202 I need to really very slowly and carefully position the antenna.

Anyone know why this is?

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
I have also noticed lately that the sound quality of channel 175 and the the other baseball channels is not great. I listen to Mark, Larry & Buck in the morning and Dibble & Kennedy in the evening and the audio level is variable. Sometimes I have to adjust my volume when they go to a caller because I won't be able to hear. Then I get blasted during the host reply. Also, the audio quality of the games is all over the map. I'm hoping this is not permanent and gets better as XM gets more experience with the broadcasts.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks