Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

XM Audio Dropouts

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

Studio Mogul

• 25,610 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted March 20 2005 - 06:31 AM

Are other people getting audio dropouts on the baseball channels? I don't get any dropouts on lower number channels. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Listing

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Steven Simon

Steven Simon

Producer

• 3,282 posts

Posted March 21 2005 - 12:08 PM

The only dropouts I ever get are sinal loss from being under a bridge...
Steve Simon
Home Theater Forum
Retired Administration

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Jeff_CusBlues

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor

• 605 posts

Posted April 11 2005 - 02:14 AM

I occasionally get dropouts when listening to the radio broadcasts. I also get them when listening to the talk shows on channel 175. I live in Fort Wayne, Indiana and listen in my car between 7:00 and 7:30 AM and 4:30 and 5:00 AM. I listen more on the weekends when driving. The dropouts are very infrequent but happen occasionally.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   RomanSohor

RomanSohor

Second Unit

• 360 posts

Posted April 11 2005 - 02:26 AM

I notice that for some reason sometimes I have an easier time tuning in either lower or higher number channels, depending on my location. In my house, I can get Channels 6-9 with no problem with my antenna basically just sitting on a shelf on the wall opposite the window, but to get 202 I need to really very slowly and carefully position the antenna. Anyone know why this is?
Roman Sohor, CTS

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Jeff_CusBlues

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor

• 605 posts

Posted April 26 2005 - 02:13 AM

I have also noticed lately that the sound quality of channel 175 and the the other baseball channels is not great. I listen to Mark, Larry & Buck in the morning and Dibble & Kennedy in the evening and the audio level is variable. Sometimes I have to adjust my volume when they go to a caller because I won't be able to hear. Then I get blasted during the host reply. Also, the audio quality of the games is all over the map. I'm hoping this is not permanent and gets better as XM gets more experience with the broadcasts.