Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Insert in 2 Disc First Contact?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 Mike_S

Mike_S

Stunt Coordinator

• 177 posts

Posted March 19 2005 - 07:16 AM

Hi. Just wondering if the 2 Disc version of First Contact that just came out is supposed to have an insert in it. Mine did not.

-Mike
My Home Theater

#2 of 8 Shane Martin

Shane Martin

Producer

• 6,017 posts

Posted March 19 2005 - 08:15 AM

Mine did not either. I bet it didn't. Given how much was put into the disc(supplements, dts etc), and the price tag ($14), I didn't expect much more.

#3 of 8 Travis Brashear

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter

• 1,175 posts

Posted March 19 2005 - 08:18 AM

The last several STAR TREK Collector's Edition titles (like all other current Paramount releases) have not come with an insert--save the one from your old movie-only version...
Ernest Hemingway once wrote, "The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part...
--Det. William Somerset, SE7EN

http://www.dvdanthol...-movielist.html), http://LDDb.com/coll....user=Filmmaker

#4 of 8 Mike_S

Mike_S

Stunt Coordinator

• 177 posts

Posted March 19 2005 - 12:06 PM

O.K. Thanks.
My Home Theater

#5 of 8 Will_B

Will_B

Producer

• 4,733 posts

Posted March 19 2005 - 12:14 PM

But it does come in a case that could probably fit 6 discs, so, that's um, good I guess.
"Scientists are saying the future is going to be far more futuristic than they originally predicted." -Krysta Now

#6 of 8 Bill Williams

Bill Williams

Screenwriter

• 1,699 posts

Posted March 19 2005 - 01:18 PM

When I got my copy, the only insert that was in the package was a small flyer for the first four series in complete DVD sets. The last time they had an insert was for the 2-disc release of "Star Trek V". VI and Generations had no inserts in them at all. (For that matter, neither did the 2-disc SCE of "The Ten Commandments".)
"I have in my heart what it takes to run with the big dogs in this life, and nobody can say otherwise."

"Attention all personnel. Tonight's movie is a holdover from last week and will be shown right after supper, which is also a holdover from last week."

#7 of 8 Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph

Lead Actor

• 8,338 posts

Posted March 19 2005 - 04:48 PM

I kept the one from the original dvd and glad now that I did.
Click on above image to enter " T H E . H O L O D E C K "
---------------------------------------------------------
The Holodeck. My DIY Screen. DIY Subwoofer: The MaxCaliber
My humble collection of DVD's. HTF Beginner's Primer and FAQ

#8 of 8 Scott Kimball

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter

• 1,500 posts

Posted March 20 2005 - 12:03 AM

Paramount stopped including inserts on all DVD releases (except for rare exceptions (Star Trek: TOS)) as a matter of policy in January, 2004.